Contribute
Register

Lenovo Y50 with Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Guide] Lenovo Y50 with Clover

Hello all !
I have Yosemite installed on my y50-70 2 months but today unluckily i decided to istall ddst and ssdt patches.To be honest i was like YEEESS when i opened my laptop without graphic acceleration problem before the time i put the password!
My y50-70 opening but my laptop monitor turning off-on constantly.Is there any solution?Anything i should do?The problem is only on display because i connected it with and HDMI to a External monitor and it was OK!

Follow new guide:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...e-lenovo-y50-uhd-1080p-using-clover-uefi.html

Yep i did it also!I am sure i did it well coz i had bluetooth installed after the new guide :)But again the same,do u understand whats my problem?Maybe i can capture a video to watch if u cant get what i mean :)ThanksP.S. From the new guide i did only SSDT and DSDT step's,nothing else.

Yep i did it also!I am sure i did it well coz i had bluetooth installed after the new guide :)But again the same,do u understand whats my problem?Maybe i can capture a video to watch if u cant get what i mean :)ThanksP.S. From the new guide i did only SSDT and DSDT step's,nothing else.

You need to follow all steps of the guide. The DSDT/SSDT patches will not work correctly without the corresponding config.plist and kexts.

Do i have to do the pre-installation or only the post installation?
Btw i did the one with config.list , the problem is still there..it created a new config list but on clover i dont see the windows option.
Do i have to mount it on OSX and then put files from windows in EFI?

Thanks!

Do i have to do the pre-installation or only the post installation?
Btw i did the one with config.list , the problem is still there..it created a new config list but on clover i dont see the windows option.
Do i have to mount it on OSX and then put files from windows in EFI?

Thanks!

The config.plist must be installed on EFI as described in the guide.

Same goes for the patched DSDT/SSDT files ('make install').

If you have an issue, read the guide section marked "Problem reporting" and reply with files (at the other thread).

for those intersted in the EFI usb install that can work on UHD without graphic issues (OSX 10.10.3)

DVMT-prealloc need to be set to 128MB

use the attached EFI folder
extract it and put the content of the folder in the root of your FAT partition on the USB

inside you find in "system>library>frameworks" a patched IOKit.framework
copy the file to the same location but on the OSX base system install partition (just replace it)
****keep a copy of the original file incase it wont work for you****

now you can load OSX install with full graphics support and on the internal UHD screen
(do note : id recommend replacing my DSDT,SSDT and SSDT-1 with your own, but it might work to use only for first install)

tested on my machine worked fine with 10.10.3 on my non touch UHD y50-70 (I7 and 4GB for the nvidia HW config)

I have the Same UHD model as you, but whenever I try to use my own Patched DSDT and SSDT files the Progress Bar stops at the Apple logo.

When I remove them The computer boots but is very slow and have No graphic accleration I already installed all the kext files.

I am using ur EFI files but I am using my own Patch DSDT and SSDT files
Any assistance will be appreciated.

I have the Same UHD model as you, but whenever I try to use my own Patched DSDT and SSDT files the Progress Bar stops at the Apple logo.

When I remove them The computer boots but is very slow and have No graphic accleration I already installed all the kext files.

I am using ur EFI files but I am using my own Patch DSDT and SSDT files
Any assistance will be appreciated.

Follow the new guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...e-lenovo-y50-uhd-1080p-using-clover-uefi.html

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 with

Hshhello to all forums! I have a problem with the dual boot of clover. In fact, the timeout will no longer appear after installation of the boot on hd. I have to change any parameter in config.plist?

Hshhello to all forums! I have a problem with the dual boot of clover. In fact, the timeout will no longer appear after installation of the boot on hd. I have to change any parameter in config.plist?

http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Home

Please fill out your profile...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

OK I seem to have updated signature! I can not solve the problem of the boot, I found nothing in the guide. Instead the net I found the following steps as you seem? it might be fine? Screenshot_2015-06-07-12-41-22.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back