Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo Y410p
CPU
i7-4700MQ / HM86
Graphics
GT 750M & HD 4600, 1600x900
Hi,

I'm using VoodooPS2Controller.kext v1.8.13 on OS X 10.10.1 and could not adjust the brightness of the monitor using the Fn+↑ and Fn+↓ shortcuts. I thought that this can be solved by editing the custom keyboard map so I installed the debug version of the driver and tried to capture the scan codes. However, pressing those two key combinations does not result in any message in the console output. In this case, is it still possible to remap the ADB codes for these two key combinations? I have tried using 'showkey -s' in Ubuntu and was able to capture the scan codes of the keys.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Rotar

Hi,

I'm using VoodooPS2Controller.kext v1.8.13 on OS X 10.10.1 and could not adjust the brightness of the monitor using the Fn+↑ and Fn+↓ shortcuts. I thought that this can be solved by editing the custom keyboard map so I installed the debug version of the driver and tried to capture the scan codes. However, pressing those two key combinations does not result in any message in the console output. In this case, is it still possible to remap the ADB codes for these two key combinations? I have tried using 'showkey -s' in Ubuntu and was able to capture the scan codes of the keys.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Rotar

If no ps2 codes in system.log, then they are likely handled via ACPI. See here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Debug, install the kext, apply "Add DSDT Debug Methods" and "Instrument EC Queries". Look in system.log as you press the key to determine which _Qxx methods handle the keys.

Then patch DSDT:

Assuming _Q10 is brightness down, and _Q11 is up.
Code:
into method label _Q10 replace_content
begin
// Brightness Down\n
    Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0205)\n
    Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0285)\n
end;
into method label _Q11 replace_content
begin
// Brightness Up\n
    Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0206)\n
    Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0286)\n
end;

If no ps2 codes in system.log, then they are likely handled via ACPI. See here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Debug, install the kext, apply "Add DSDT Debug Methods" and "Instrument EC Queries". Look in system.log as you press the key to determine which _Qxx methods handle the keys.

Then patch DSDT:

Assuming _Q10 is brightness down, and _Q11 is up.
Code:
into method label _Q10 replace_content
begin
// Brightness Down\n
    Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0205)\n
    Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0285)\n
end;
into method label _Q11 replace_content
begin
// Brightness Up\n
    Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0206)\n
    Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0286)\n
end;
Thank you very much! Wish you a nice weekend~

Best regards,
Rotar

Thank you very much! Wish you a nice weekend~

Best regards,
Rotar

Does that mean you have it working? If so, you should post the (updated) patches you ended up using after your investigation with ACPIDebug...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back