Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the 'Waiting for root ...' problem you may want to look here.
http://blog.yerkanian.com/2012/09/2...for-root-device-on-os-x-10-8-2-mountain-lion/

cd /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS
sudo mv IOAHCIBlockStorage IOAHCIBlockStorage.orig
sudo cp IOAHCIBlockStorage.orig IOAHCIBlockStorage
sudo /usr/bin/perl -pi -e 's|\x8b\x4a\x00\x00\xeb\x03|\x8b\x4a\x00\x00\xe8\x01|g' IOAHCIBlockStorage
sudo /usr/bin/perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x0e\x48\x8d\x3d\x72\x92\x00\x00|\xbf\xc8\x00\x00\x00\x90\x90\x90\x90|g' IOAHCIBlockStorage
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

I tried it on the same U510 (no NV gfx), straight 10.8.2 unibeast, works.

For the 'Waiting for root ...' problem you may want to look here.
http://blog.yerkanian.com/2012/09/2...for-root-device-on-os-x-10-8-2-mountain-lion/

I tried it on the same U510 (no NV gfx), straight 10.8.2 unibeast, works.

Thank you for the links. For some reason the 10.8.2 installer never worked for me without modifications. May be its because I am still hanging on to Windows 8 on the main drive while trying to install osx on SSD. Anyways, there is one weird thing I noticed. First time I install OSX, boot from USB and create a user account, all three USB drives work, including USB 3 at super speed with xhci kext loaded. Subsequent boots, from Installer or from SSD hang at still waiting for root device until i delete the xhci kext that only gives me USB 2 speeds from all ports. USB 3 port does not accept USB 2 drives, only USB 3 drives albiet slower speed.

I will give your solution a try and add back the xhci kext to see if the speed issue is resolved.

Edit:
It did work for waiting for root device and i did not get the wait :).

Does not help with USB ports and adding xhci did give me USB 3 at super speed, however USB 2 ports died and thus no internet (USB 3 still did not accept any USB 2 device). USB bus fix, EHCI acquire etc. did not help at all. Removed xhci kext and back to square 1 (with modified AHCIBlockStorage).

ML 10.8.3 Upgrade getting Sandboxd: (108) mach-lookup (global-name com.apple.ls.boxd with system not moving forward (only way to login is in safe mode)

System hang problem not solved as the system still hangs at [IOBluetoothHCIController::setConfigState] calling registerservice (I guess next step for system is to start in graphics mode) but any ways

Sandbox error removed by logging in system (with -x) and adding [allow mach-lookup global-name "com.apple.ls.boxd"] to /System/Library/Sandbox/Profiles/system.sb file

Working to solve graphics issue. Too many challenges, too much fun :).

Interesting. 10.8.3 turning out pain. System hang issue resolved by removing AppleUSBxHCI kext and system booted up without -x flag.
Ethernet kind of detected by using multi beasts ionetworking kext. kind of because BSD is not assigned (it should be en0.)
DWA-131 installer would install but the required kexts do not load. Could be something to do with Ethernet kexts that needs to be resolved first. Will try older multibeast and ionetworking for Realtek.

DWA-131 installer, would give it a whirl on my main hackintosh to see if it 10.8.3 issue or some dependency issue on lenovo install.

Can you get the realtek audio to work?

Can you get the realtek audio to work?

I use latest Voodoo kext and audio works perfect. I do get KPs but they are far in between and could be for other reasons. There are some references to make it work with DSDT or patched AppleHDA kext as well.

Hi, I bought U510 recently and installed ML 10.8.3 on it.

My method:
In BIOS setting the Legacy BIOS boot first. Make sure the USB Legacy support is on.
1. In my Mac mini downloaded ML 10.8.3 from App Store and installed it to an USB HDD.
2. Installed Multibeast 5.3.1, chose AppleACPIPlatform, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, FakeSMC, VoodooHDA 2.8.2 (64), Kext for 3rd party USB3 support, and ApplePS2Controller. However either AppleACPIBattery nor VoodooBattery work. AppleRTL8169Ethernet 2.0.6 also didn't work.
3. Copied Extra from U410 from the link of this thread.
4. Installed Chameleon 2.1.

Work: QE/CI, full resolution, USB 2.0, USB 3.0, Camera, Sound, Keyboard, TouchPad (with 2 fingers), reboot, shut down.
Not work: Sleep? bright/dark of display, ethernet, wifi (of course).

I bought an Atheros AR9285 AR5B195 combo wifi card, but unfortunately, it isn't in Lenovo U510's whitelist. :( Then I used an USB wifi stick instead.
I've no idea how to fix the ethernet and to show the battery status. And how to let brighter/darker key work.

Hi, I bought U510 recently and installed ML 10.8.3 on it.

My method:
In BIOS setting the Legacy BIOS boot first. Make sure the USB Legacy support is on.
1. In my Mac mini downloaded ML 10.8.3 from App Store and installed it to an USB HDD.
2. Installed Multibeast 5.3.1, chose AppleACPIPlatform, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, FakeSMC, VoodooHDA 2.8.2 (64), Kext for 3rd party USB3 support, and ApplePS2Controller. However either AppleACPIBattery nor VoodooBattery work. AppleRTL8169Ethernet 2.0.6 also didn't work.
3. Copied Extra from U410 from the link of this thread.
4. Installed Chameleon 2.1.

Work: QE/CI, full resolution, USB 2.0, USB 3.0, Camera, Sound, Keyboard, TouchPad (with 2 fingers), reboot, shut down.
Not work: Sleep? bright/dark of display, ethernet, wifi (of course).

I bought an Atheros AR9285 AR5B195 combo wifi card, but unfortunately, it isn't in Lenovo U510's whitelist. :( Then I used an USB wifi stick instead.
I've no idea how to fix the ethernet and to show the battery status. And how to let brighter/darker key work.

After many tries I cannot seem to get around system hanging on sandboxd errors for anything newer than 10.8.0 (BTW I do not have 10.8.1). 10.8.2, 3 and now 4 all give the above error and could not find a fix to work consistently.

I changed 24 gig mSSD with a 128 gig one and moved the Win 8 to it. The boot speed improvement is phenomenal. Re-installed OS X on HDD now. Will experiment with 8.2, 3 and 4 to see if the sandboxd error still pops. System works as best as it can if i boot with -x flag.

I think with 10.8.4 chances of more things working are better than 10.8.3.

Hello,
I got now my Lneovo u510 ....
i have ML 10.8 installed but my problems are the sound dont work the camera dont work no bluetooth and no multi touch with the pad... it works as a mouse but not with the multitouch function :( and the two last problems the battery symbol dont show me the procent of the battery he only says there is no battery. and my wifi card dont work :(

Hello,
I got now my Lneovo u510 ....
i have ML 10.8 installed but my problems are the sound dont work the camera dont work no bluetooth and no multi touch with the pad... it works as a mouse but not with the multitouch function :( and the two last problems the battery symbol dont show me the procent of the battery he only says there is no battery. and my wifi card dont work :(

I had many USB devices related issues when I installed universal USB kexts from multibeast. I just reinstalled OSX again and refrained installing the kexts. You may want to delete xhci kext though.

for trackpad, if you have synaptics, you may be in luck. Try rehabmans trackpad kext. It works flawlessly. Search here in forums for rehabmans posts for trackpad. For sound, latest voodoo kexts work almost perfect. There are posts for DSDT sound fix that I have yet to try. Good luck and please report back with results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back