Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is great news! I'm actually getting a u510 tonight.

Could you elaborate on step 3 "- In finder, navigate to Extra, open org.chameleon.Boot.plist, edit using Chameleon wizard" .. what to edit?
could you elaborate on last step "- Locate system/library/extensions directory, locate IOUSBFamily.kext, and delete AppleUSBXHCI.kext" ... I see to delete the AppleUSBXHCI.kext, but you lost me on the locate IOUSBFamily.kext step.

I've done some previous hackintosh work on an Dell E6400 and a custom rig, but have been out of the hackintosh world for a few years, so please forgive while I shake the rust off.

This is great news! I'm actually getting a u510 tonight.

Could you elaborate on step 3 "- In finder, navigate to Extra, open org.chameleon.Boot.plist, edit using Chameleon wizard" .. what to edit?
could you elaborate on last step "- Locate system/library/extensions directory, locate IOUSBFamily.kext, and delete AppleUSBXHCI.kext" ... I see to delete the AppleUSBXHCI.kext, but you lost me on the locate IOUSBFamily.kext step.

I've done some previous hackintosh work on an Dell E6400 and a custom rig, but have been out of the hackintosh world for a few years, so please forgive while I shake the rust off.

I should have said edit org.chameleon.boot.plist using chameleon wizard :oops:. I have installed the chameleon wizard so double clicking any file with .plist extension is automatically opened by the application. See a picture of Chameleon wizard in my first post. It provides an easy to use GUI for enabling/disabling multitude of options.

The next question is easy. Once you have found the file IOUSBFamily.kext, select it and right click and then choose "Show Package Contents". Now you should see a folder named "Contents". Double clicking it should display another set of folders and files. Double Click on "Plugins" Folder and you should see a bunch of additional kext files. Thats where AppleUSBXHCI.kext is found towards end of list. Right click on the file and select "Move to Trash" option to delete the file.

And please share your steps once you have the U510. I have struggled for a long time and maybe with your help we can quickly wrap up the workings of Sound and Sleep functionality.

Sound, still a problem. Tried every pkg that has RTL 269 in search. Voodoo 2.7.2 worked when i started to streamline the install process. Tried it now and it kps. Multibeast universal voodoo 2.72 2.7.3 kps instantly. hum.. search search search some more.

:clap: Sound works now.

Next DSDT Editing. So far errors on clean compile. Will search in DSDT threads how to get rid of errors. The DSDT edits should enable power management, sleep etc.

One more thing, in conjunction with my post #10, used 10.8 with unibeast and install is extremely smooth. 10.8.2 unibeast gave me a million problems. Lucky i had the 10.8 usb from my desktop install about a year ago, that i had without laptop support kexts. Once i unhide folders, it was easy to add ps2 kexts. Figured out today that copying the entire extras folder from USB to hdd and installing chimera is all that is needed. Multibeast is not needed. As I fix power, I can remove applicable kexts from /Extra/Extensions folder to experiment until Only FakeSMC is left.

I Will post package links to make NIC and Sound work. thats all that is needed until dsdt edit steps.

Not much success to get rid of DSDT clean compile errors. I will be trying the ASL instead of iASL to extract and decompile DSDT in Windows. Downloaded command line tool by MS but do not know the needed commands. Also I am not sure the Beta 2 Version from 2000 is actually the latest version. No other version shows up in google or MS sight search. It may take longer to find the right tool.

Only a few hours a week that I can spare for research is not enough. Somehow, though I know this beautiful lenovo laptop will be a really nice and easy to convert hackbookpro.

Congratulations man, now is time to make your audio work through AppleHDA/DSDT and your processor too (Turbo Boost)

Congratulations man, now is time to make your audio work through AppleHDA/DSDT and your processor too (Turbo Boost)

I have yet to clean compile my DSDT without errors/warnings. I extracted the DSDT with iASL as well as ASL V4.0. Results are varied but both files fail to compile cleanly. Any suggestions to help clean the DSDT will be highly appreciated.

The attached file DSDT_CB_01_unmodified is the iASL extract and lenovo_dsdt is ASL v4.0 extract (from windows).

Edit: Syntax errors from windows DSDT were easy to fix ( :D ) but afterwards, i got same errors plus a few more as iASL extract (in OSX mode using DSDT Editor). So that was a wasteful exercise (or a learning experience).

So now, DSDT_CB_01_unmodified (Extracted by DSDT Editor) needs fixed.
Following may be fixable:
Error: Name already exists in scope (\TNOT)
- Just Deleting the line
Warnings: Use of compiler reserved name (_T_0) .... (_T_1)
- Just Find and Replace with T_0 .... T_1.

Have been unable to find solution for the remaining Warnings:

:banghead:1337 Warning ResourceTag larger than Field (Tag: 64 bits, Field: 32 bits)
:banghead:9604 Warning Called method may not always return a value
:banghead:9608 Warning Called method may not always return a value
:banghead:9610 Warning Not all control paths return a value (BIFX)
:banghead:10012 Warning Unknown reserved name (_VPC)
:banghead:10019 Warning Unknown reserved name (_CFG)
:banghead:10504 Warning Result is not used, operator has no effect
:banghead:10514 Warning Not all control paths return a value (MHPF)

Attachments

• DSDT_CB_01_unmodified.dsl.zip
    29.6 KB · Views: 122
  • lenovo_dsdt.ASL.zip
    28.1 KB · Views: 155
Surprisingly, still unable to update to 10.8.2 as system hangs at some message relating to Bluetooth. BT does work perfect on 10.8.0 though. Installing 10.8.2 directly is a pain as well, as I have to delete the ssd partition before i can get to installer. Moot point as I cannot boot from installer (until I delete ssd partition). Using other installers that do the install of required kexts before reboot, i can log into ML 10.8.2 only once and then system hang at reboot issue.

So stuck on 10.8.0.

Still working on sound. Voodoo gives too many KPs, uninstalled.
surprisingly, USB started working as I did a clean install (ML 10.8.0) and used "EHCI Acquire Fix flag in boot loader (could be the new chimera as well but I doubt. I had it wrong all along as removing HPET flag and UHCI Fix flags was needed to make the USB 3 work at full speed USB3 works as USB2 and AppleUSBXHCI is not loaded).

Anyways, back to sound.

Finally got the 10.8.2 going.

USB Ports detected without EHCI acquire. However, nothing attached to USB port is detected. Removing AppleUSBXHCI removes drives from detection and adding EHCI acquire fix in boot makes all 3 USB posrts work in USB 2 mode. Due to the initial detection of USB 3, i took a snapshot with IORegistry Explorer. I am hoping someone could guide me through DSDT fix for USB3 drive.

View attachment IOReg and XHCI.zip

Back to search :).

Found some info on fixing realtek card reader (CRW) on some russian site recommending hex editing .

change in the pure binary AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement through HexFined all phenomena
E2 00 00 00 0F 30
on
E2 00 00 00 90 90
for samples. and reset the text.

Will give it a try soon. Though not much use, it would be a nice to have.

How to install 10.8.2 on Lenovo U510 SSD:

Install 10.8.0 Unibeast Method. See my earlier posts.

Problem 10.8.2 Unibeast.
Installer would fail at waiting for root device. Only way to reach install step was (yes was) to boot in windows, clean ssd using diskpart, reboot then run installer. This would install OSX on ssd but will reboot before allowing any install of chimera or drivers etc). After reboot, installer would fail to start the OSX from ssd (waiting for root device and only way to get rid of the error is to clean the ssd from windows. but then we loose the installed osx. catch 22.).

Solution:
Install of some version of OSX is required. (10.8.0 is easiest, see my earlier posts. Updating 10.8.2 fails to boot). Google formatting disk in terminal and format EFI partition (the 200 mb one) as MS FAT 32 format. Using Macman's guide to installing chimera to EFI partition, follow steps (ignore formatting steps as these will format the partition to OSX journaled but we just formatted partition as FAT 32), mark the partition active. Stop at this step.

Now using 10.80.2 install usb, the installer will not hang on waiting for root device. And after installing OSX on ssd, installer will load the OSX from ssd and hence, chimera and other drivers could be installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back