Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Althought I'm quite new in this world, I already got some knowledge.

I created a bootable usb with uniboot and mavericks.

First try: Apple logo half a second and reboot.
Second try: -v -x, and it does not show the apple logo but a lot of lines loading. Which seems to be better than the apple logo cause takes longer.

BUT! The lines stop at certain point (screenshot) and again reboot.

Im very sorry for the blurry quality, but can anyone recognize the line where it stops and tell me what might be the problem?
bh2fK8y.png

Althought I'm quite new in this world, I already got some knowledge.

I created a bootable usb with uniboot and mavericks.

First try: Apple logo half a second and reboot.
Second try: -v -x, and it does not show the apple logo but a lot of lines loading. Which seems to be better than the apple logo cause takes longer.

BUT! The lines stop at certain point (screenshot) and again reboot.

Im very sorry for the blurry quality, but can anyone recognize the line where it stops and tell me what might be the problem?
View attachment 102797

Read (the entire thread) here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-compatibility/121632-lenovo-ideapad-u430-mavericks.html

You should probably use Clover. It is what I'm using and so it will make things easier for you if you do too...

I read it, not entirely, but It doesn't seems to be addressing the same problem as I have.

Will do so as soon as I can (the mac belongs to a friend). I will come back to report my results.

By the way, on the other thread of u430, there are terms and advance configuration that i dont understand (yet). Seems quite complicated to me to follow that thread...

Anyway, thanks for the advice. I hope to report the results soon.

Will do so as soon as I can (the mac belongs to a friend). I will come back to report my results.

By the way, on the other thread of u430, there are terms and advance configuration that i dont understand (yet). Seems quite complicated to me to follow that thread...

Anyway, thanks for the advice. I hope to report the results soon.

The process is pretty typical for a laptop...

Various kexts installed:
FakeSMC.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
ACPIBacklight.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
GenericUSBXHCI.kext
ACPIBatteryManager.kext
CodecCommander.kext

Patching:
patched DSDT/SSDT files
patched AppleHDA.kext (injector method + clover patches)
various patches in config.plist

Using USB WiFi until I patch BIOS.

All kexts, config.plist, and DSDT patches are available at my github: https://github.com/RehabMan

There was a guide written by someone in the u430 thread (already linked).

I´m following the thread you posted and I well, I have to stop the process when it come about modifying the SSDT since I dont have linux. And seems that in any of the cases, the Wifi won't work, so in the overall, as "laptop" it would be quite limited. But please correct me if I'm wrong. Im over the page 18 of the thread so far, anyway.

Edit:
This is the most i can reach with my clover installation after ktexts.
IMG_20140831_115453.jpg

I´m following the thread you posted and I well, I have to stop the process when it come about modifying the SSDT since I dont have linux. And seems that in any of the cases, the Wifi won't work, so in the overall, as "laptop" it would be quite limited. But please correct me if I'm wrong. Im over the page 18 of the thread so far, anyway.

Edit:
This is the most i can reach with my clover installation after ktexts.
View attachment 103057

Please put your laptop specifications in your signature so that we know how exactly to you.

It seems to that you have a graphics issue as your laptop is trying to load the NVIDIA drivers. You should try to disable the NVIDIA graphics card and use only the stock intel graphics. You can do this in the DSDT or SSDT for your system. If your system is similar to the one mentioned in the thread for Lenovo U430 then you can try to use the DSDT/SSDT from there.

Lenovo Touch U430

Intel i7 4500 cpu @ 1.80ghz 2.40ghz
8 RAM

nvidia geforce gt 730M
Intel HD graphics family (doesn't say anything else, i suspect is a 4400, but not sure).

Do you need any other info?

Lenovo Touch U430

Intel i7 4500 cpu @ 1.80ghz 2.40ghz
8 RAM

nvidia geforce gt 730M
Intel HD graphics family (doesn't say anything else, i suspect is a 4400, but not sure).

Do you need any other info?
System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back