Intel Core i7-4770K
Graphics
Onboard Intel HD4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everybody,

I don't know if anybody has the Lenovo U410 trackpad fully working, but on my U410, I can only tap to click. This is very interesting because when I boot into the Installer on the Unibeast flash drive, everything works fine. I can click using the physical buttons. However, after the install, in Mac OS X, the trackpad doesn't work, and I need to install the Multibeast PS2 kext. What do you know? The physical buttons, of course, do not work! If anybody else has had this problem with any other laptop, where the trackpad only functions during installation, if you have fond a solution, please let me know. If anybody else has any ideas, I will gladly try them!

Thank you,
HTM

Hello everybody,

I don't know if anybody has the Lenovo U410 trackpad fully working, but on my U410, I can only tap to click. This is very interesting because when I boot into the Installer on the Unibeast flash drive, everything works fine. I can click using the physical buttons. However, after the install, in Mac OS X, the trackpad doesn't work, and I need to install the Multibeast PS2 kext. What do you know? The physical buttons, of course, do not work! If anybody else has had this problem with any other laptop, where the trackpad only functions during installation, if you have fond a solution, please let me know. If anybody else has any ideas, I will gladly try them!

Thank you,
HTM

What is the manufacturer of your trackpad on your u410?

The guide to fixing it:

There are two ways that I fixed my U410 trackpad - Either install the PS2 controller from MultiBeast 5.2.1 (not 5.3.1), or install RehabMan's modified Voodoo PS2 Controller: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

There is a problem with the MultiBeast 5.2.1 driver - It makes the trackpad appear as a mouse, so scrolling does not work. However, thanks to RehabMan
, there is a modified driver that makes the trackpad fully functional, including the click. You can physically click from anywhere on the trackpad. Make sure to follow the instructions in RehabMan's README file carefully. Note: you download the driver from the code.google.com link, not the Github download as .zip. Scroll down to see the download link once you visit the link to the Github. Once again, the link is https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller.

-HTM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back