Contribute
Register

Lenovo U310 - Mavericks Upgrade [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, is there a way to test and see if USB 3.0 fn is working? I tried BlackMagic Speed Test app for my USB 3.0 HDD and it is showing Read and Write average of 30MB/s across all the U310 USB ports. Also, is when I attempt to install an dsdt.aml file via Multibeast I keep seeing some options prechecked (e.g. 3rd Party SATA, etc.) How do I only install the dsdt.aml file? Thanks alot guys! I am like 97% there with getting a fully working Mavericks U310 :) Couldn't have done it without your help!

Check to see if AppleUSBXHCI is attached to XHC1 device. You can see this kind of thing in your ioreg via IORegistryExplorer. See:http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

The DSDT you linked is already patched. What are you trying to do?

Sorry, thats the one I finally was able to patch by following the guide on how to patch an unedited dsdt. Now even with the patched dsdt i am getting very crappy transfer speeds from the usb 3 port that is identical to the usb 2 port. And on top of that now i get that "there isn't a keyboard connected error prompt and the lenovo kb stops working and i have to resort to usb connected kb. :( now i am regressing instead of progressing in the install. Also, did I apply the payches correctly? And i heard u made a trackpad patch that enables gestures is that also included in the list of patches?

Sorry, thats the one I finally was able to patch by following the guide on how to patch an unedited dsdt. Now even with the patched dsdt i am getting very crappy transfer speeds from the usb 3 port that is identical to the usb 2 port. And on top of that now i get that "there isn't a keyboard connected error prompt and the lenovo kb stops working and i have to resort to usb connected kb. :( now i am regressing instead of progressing in the install. Also, did I apply the payches correctly? And i heard u made a trackpad patch that enables gestures is that also included in the list of patches?

Are you using my trackpad/keyboard driver? https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

Make sure you follow all instructions for installing.

As far as USB3, read post #31.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-26 at 11.53.02 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-10-26 at 11.53.02 PM.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 144
Are you using my trackpad/keyboard driver? https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

Make sure you follow all instructions for installing.

As far as USB3, read post #31.

Where is the VoodooPS2Controller.kext? I can't find it on the ZIP I downloaded from the github url you provided :) I think my brain is going off as it is midnight here already. I really appreciate you putting up with a noob here :)

Where is the VoodooPS2Controller.kext? I can't find it on the ZIP I downloaded from the github url you provided :) I think my brain is going off as it is midnight here already. I really appreciate you putting up with a noob here :)

There is a README. Read it...

Attached is what I see in the ioreg.

It looks to me as if it is not loading. Boot "-f", then check bdmesg output to verify that AppleUSBXHCI is loading.

There is a README. Read it...

I actually went based on the readme but the step I am having trouble with is this one:

"install VoodooPS2Controller.kext using your favorite Kext installer (Kext Wizard) (note: for versions prior to 1.7.4, you must install AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext as well)"

I have Kext Wizard, but I can't find a "kext" file in the directory on github even after I downloaded it.

I actually went based on the readme but the step I am having trouble with is this one:

"install VoodooPS2Controller.kext using your favorite Kext installer (Kext Wizard) (note: for versions prior to 1.7.4, you must install AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext as well)"

I have Kext Wizard, but I can't find a "kext" file in the directory on github even after I downloaded it.
Github is to compile from source..

Compiled version:
https://code.google.com/p/os-x-voodoo-ps2-controller/downloads/list

I just checked the README and the downloads link is still quite obvious. Slow down and read things more carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back