CPU
[email protected] GHz/QM87
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600, NVIDIA Quadro K1100M, 2880 x 1620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, this is the first time I am trying to build a hackintosh with the laptop I have. I am trying to install Sierra.

Details :
Lenovo Thinkpad W540 (Clover)
Intel HD Graphics 4600 + NVIDIA Quadro K1100M
Intel Ethernet Connection I217-LM
Intel Dual Band Wireless - AC 7260
Intel 8 Series SATA AHCI Controller - 8C03
32 GB RAM

I have created the USB boot disk as provided in the guidlines. The files in my EFI partition looks as below -

File List.png

The config.plist I used - https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist

I can boot from the USB after configuring the BIOS settings as recommended. However, I can not get past the installation. The installation gets stuck at the below screen and then I see a stop sign with garbled text on the screen.

stopped_screen.jpg

I tried enabling KEXT debug and the behaviour is same and below is the screen / last message before i see the garbled text and stop sign.

stopped_screen_KEXT.jpg

Could you please help me find what should be the steps to be followed by me to identify and fix the issue.

-- Edit --

I tried adding usbinjectall.kext on the USB drive and now the process gets past the previous stage but the screen goes completely blank while the laptop is on. Please see below screenshot after which the laptop screen goes completely blank. I have tried with all the USB ports on the laptop and disabled USB 3.0 on the BIOS.

error.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 1.05.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 1.05.47 AM.png
    146 KB · Views: 440
Last edited:
Hi, this is the first time I am trying to build a hackintosh with the laptop I have. I am trying to install Sierra.

Details :
Lenovo Thinkpad W540 (Clover)
Intel HD Graphics 4600 + NVIDIA Quadro K1100M
Intel Ethernet Connection I217-LM
Intel Dual Band Wireless - AC 7260
Intel 8 Series SATA AHCI Controller - 8C03
32 GB RAM

I have created the USB boot disk as provided in the guidlines. The files in my EFI partition looks as below -

View attachment 277879

The config.plist I used - https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist

I can boot from the USB after configuring the BIOS settings as recommended. However, I can not get past the installation. The installation gets stuck at the below screen and then I see a stop sign with garbled text on the screen.

View attachment 277880

I tried enabling KEXT debug and the behaviour is same and below is the screen / last message before i see the garbled text and stop sign.

View attachment 277881

Could you please help me find what should be the steps to be followed by me to identify and fix the issue.

-- Edit --

I tried adding usbinjectall.kext on the USB drive and now the process gets past the previous stage but the screen goes completely blank while the laptop is on. Please see below screenshot after which the laptop screen goes completely blank. I have tried with all the USB ports on the laptop and disabled USB 3.0 on the BIOS.

View attachment 277917

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 311
Please find the necessary files attached.

Thanks.

No verbose boot photo attached.
But if you're getting "still waiting for root device"... and you're booting from USB, it is a USB problem.
Make sure you use a USB2 stick and try all USB ports.
FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext may also be useful (assuming this is for the hardware in your profile).

No verbose boot photo attached.
But if you're getting "still waiting for root device"... and you're booting from USB, it is a USB problem.
Make sure you use a USB2 stick and try all USB ports.
FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext may also be useful (assuming this is for the hardware in your profile).

Hi RehabMan, thanks for your suggestion. I attached the verbose boot photo in my original message. I have included FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext as per your suggestion but I am still facing the same problem. I tried all the USB ports and I am using a 2.0 USB drive. I am attaching the verbose boot photo. After this stage the screen suddenly goes blank.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 400
Hi RehabMan, thanks for your suggestion. I attached the verbose boot photo in my original message. I have included FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext as per your suggestion but I am still facing the same problem. I tried all the USB ports and I am using a 2.0 USB drive. I am attaching the verbose boot photo. After this stage the screen suddenly goes blank.

Use invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678). That will eliminate any graphics issues (you can deal with them later).

Use invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678). That will eliminate any graphics issues (you can deal with them later).

Thanks. This worked and I could install the OS. I can log into Sierra. But "About This Mac" shows Intel HD Graphics 4600 7 MB, which is causing very bad display performance.

Thanks. This worked and I could install the OS. I can log into Sierra. But "About This Mac" shows Intel HD Graphics 4600 7 MB, which is causing very bad display performance.

It is what you should expect with an invalid ig-platform-id.

It is what you should expect with an invalid ig-platform-id.
I changed the ig-platform-id back to 02a260006 to get the same error as in the install step. Could you please guide me on how can I get the display to work normally? My BIOS has 512 MB VRAM allocated to display.

I changed the ig-platform-id back to 02a260006 to get the same error as in the install step. Could you please guide me on how can I get the display to work normally? My BIOS has 512 MB VRAM allocated to display.

Did you try injecting EDID?
What are your IGPU BIOS settings? (all of them, show photo).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back