Contribute
Register

Lenovo Thinkpad T460 - Trackpad Physical buttons issue (Big Sur)

Motherboard
Lenovo T460
CPU
i7 6600u
Graphics
Hi all!

Got a T460 and it works fine under Big Sur 11.7.7 installed with Opencore.
Problem is that trackpoint and touchpad are working fine (gestures too), but the 3 physical buttons needs some work (I'm running Voodoo Kext).
I noticed that trying another EFI folder i'm able to get also the 3 physical buttons working but then wifi/bluetooth and other things didn't work, so I need to return to my original EFI configuration.
I tried isolating Voodoo Kext from the working EFI folder and replacing mine, but they don't work with my configuration.
If someone who have my same notebook model could help me I would be grateful.

Thanks In advance!

364ed3f5-bd5e-40e4-8e6b-8dc322319c0f.jpg

Last edited:
Post a copy of your current EFI where the buttons don't work, name it as such, i.e. EFI-buttons-dont-work.

Post a copy of the EFI where the buttons work but you have issues with the WiFi/BT etc. again name it as such, i.e. EFI-buttons-work.

We may be able to see what is preventing the buttons from working by comparing the two EFIs, Kexts and config.plist entries.

Just remember to delete/redact your Serial Number from both config.plist's, before you post a copy here.

Post a copy of your current EFI where the buttons don't work, name it as such, i.e. EFI-buttons-dont-work.

Post a copy of the EFI where the buttons work but you have issues with the WiFi/BT etc. again name it as such, i.e. EFI-buttons-work.

We may be able to see what is preventing the buttons from working by comparing the two EFIs, Kexts and config.plist entries.

Just remember to delete/redact your Serial Number from both config.plist's, before you post a copy here.
Hi,

I solved it.
I think the problem was that kext were from an EFI folder created by Clover.
I found on Github an old version of PS2 kext and it's fully working now.

Thank you!

Back