Contribute
Register

Lenovo Thinkpad P53 stuck at endrandomseed on installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried different variations of fakeID uncommented with default value and 0x12345678, ig-platform-id uncommented with default value and 0x12345678, and it either crashes/reboots after some time in language selection or installation or it reboots after IOConsoleUsers: GIOScreenLockState, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0 .

your VoodooPS2Controller is too old, use a later version

It's crashed about 15 times now either on language selection screen or during install with 0x12345678 as the ig-platform-id, but I can't get to the installer without it. Do you know of any other solution to getting past IOConsoleUsers: GIOScreenLockState, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0 without an invalid platform id? Attached my current clover folder.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 58
It's crashed about 15 times now either on language selection screen or during install with 0x12345678 as the ig-platform-id, but I can't get to the installer without it. Do you know of any other solution to getting past IOConsoleUsers: GIOScreenLockState, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0 without an invalid platform id? Attached my current clover folder.
have a look at this:

and make those amendments, as whatvergreen.kext has grown a little, ty removing the renames and boot flags as mentioned

also just seen this:
as something you can look into, although IntelGraphicsFixup.kext is now part of whatevergreen.kext

have a look at this:

and make those amendments, as whatvergreen.kext has grown a little, ty removing the renames and boot flags as mentioned

also just seen this:
as something you can look into, although IntelGraphicsFixup.kext is now part of whatevergreen.kext

This is quite a lot to take in, I've followed the guide as well as I can, removing boot flags, and deleting entries in my config.plist. Most of the other stuff seems done already. I'm not quite sure what to put in the highlighted area in the attached screenshot. My CPUs device ID is 0x3E94 (https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/intel/xeon_e/e-2276m). I'm also not completely sure what the difference between ig-platform-id, device ID, and framebuffer is? do I need to specify all of these? In this section of the weg guide it list possible coffee lake framebuffers, but I don't see where it says to specify the value. If you could kindly guide me on this section that would be awesome.

Attachments

• config.plist
    13.9 KB · Views: 51
  • sc.PNG
    sc.PNG
    48.2 KB · Views: 60
This is quite a lot to take in, I've followed the guide as well as I can, removing boot flags, and deleting entries in my config.plist. Most of the other stuff seems done already. I'm not quite sure what to put in the highlighted area in the attached screenshot. My CPUs device ID is 0x3E94 (https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/intel/xeon_e/e-2276m). I'm also not completely sure what the difference between ig-platform-id, device ID, and framebuffer is? do I need to specify all of these? In this section of the weg guide it list possible coffee lake framebuffers, but I don't see where it says to specify the value. If you could kindly guide me on this section that would be awesome.
possible you may need to fake the cpu to give you different graphics, not something i have done but you can see example here:

and this may help:

possible you may need to fake the cpu to give you different graphics, not something i have done but you can see example here:

and this may help:

These top 2 plists are for kabylake processors, mine is coffeelake, I'll try them anyway though, thanks! Also I can't even get past the installer to use hackintool for framebuffer patching so I'm kinda stuck =\. Would it be possible to use hackintool on my other hackintosh to edit the config on the usb for my new hack? also it would be great if you could refer me to anyone who can help me with the graphics issues on me 2019 coffee lake refresh uhd p630 igpu(id 0x3E94)?

and this may help:

I wanna say the only real issue is getting the proper platform id and framebuffer for my CPU, but its so new I can't find any documentation on it. Again, if you know anyone who can help me with editing those parts of my config that would be sweet. Thanks again for all your help. You've helped me with both my previous hacks before and I really appreciate your efforts.

These top 2 plists are for kabylake processors, mine is coffeelake, I'll try them anyway though, thanks! Also I can't even get past the installer to use hackintool for framebuffer patching so I'm kinda stuck =\. Would it be possible to use hackintool on my other hackintosh to edit the config on the usb for my new hack? also it would be great if you could refer me to anyone who can help me with the graphics issues on me 2019 coffee lake refresh uhd p630 igpu(id 0x3E94)?
those 2 config.plist's were just an example of how a FakeID can be used, you will need to research a little on that

I wanna say the only real issue is getting the proper platform id and framebuffer for my CPU, but its so new I can't find any documentation on it. Again, if you know anyone who can help me with editing those parts of my config that would be sweet. Thanks again for all your help. You've helped me with both my previous hacks before and I really appreciate your efforts.
@jaymonkey would you have an idea on this gpu of UHD P630?

@jaymonkey would you have an idea on this gpu of UHD P630?

@Feartech & @jc123,

I have not come across the UHD P630 IGPU before so its a new one for me ...

After having a quick look at the specs, it looks like it's is a variant of the Intel GT2 IGPU specification (Gen 9.5) and is unique to the Xeon E3 CPU's (CFL Mobile Workstation CPU's).

Techpowerup has a good summary of the UHD P630 specs :-

Since Apple don't use that CPU and thus that IGPU in any Mac you wont find a specific matching framebuffer in MacOS and I doubt WEG will have any idea what to do with it.

So if it where me i'd be trying to use a GT2 IGPU framebuffer from a different CPU generation.
Current Valid Mobile platformID's for the GT2 IGPU framebuffer in MacOS are :-

Cannon Lake CPU's :
  • 0x5A510009
  • 0x5A510000
  • 0x5A520000
Ice Lake CPU's
  • 0x8A510000
  • 0x8A520000
Whilst none of these framebuffers are actually used on any known Mac, they are still valid framebuffers in MacOS.
Since the above framebuffers are from a different CPU generation they should be used with the boot argument:-

Code:
lilucpu=10

Which will ensure the Coffee Lake CPU generation is used by MacOS despite the IGPU generation being different.
Make sure to define the "device-id" property as well as "AAPL-ig-platfrom-id".

Thats about all i can suggest right now ...

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back