Contribute
Register

Lenovo ThinkPad L390 get stuck on the loading screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, good news.
I found this on Github: https://github.com/Liu-wenxiang/Thinkpad-X390-Yoga-Clover and tried to boot with this clover.
The installer boots. After weeks it is unbelievable. I had sincerely lost hope
I found out that RTCFix.aml does the trick. Incredible. What is that?
After maki it gave me some "AppleUSBXHCI errors", and it needs "USB Port limit patch modify by DalianSky" in order to boot.
For anyone who is working on L390: RTCFix.aml allows to boot
I was wondering if someone can explain me what is this .aml file and what it does.

System file written in the ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) Machine Language (AML), a low-level language used for configuring hardware properties; often used to boot Mac OS X on non-Apple hardware ("Hackintosh" systems), such as P55 motherboards; also used for enabling greater hardware compatibility and improving system performance.

More Information

An AML file contains a DSDT (Differentiated System Description Table), which stores instructions that notify the OS about certain hardware settings. For Mac OS X systems, the AML file should be placed in the root directory to be recognized.
Several premade AML files for Mac OS X are available from tonymacx86. These AML files can be edited with customizations using DSDTSE, which is developed by the EVOSX86 team. AML files are not edited directly, but are first decompiled into ".dsl" files, edited, and then compiled back into ".aml" files.
NOTE: AML files contain instructions at the ACPI level, which is between the BIOS and the operating system.

Well, good news.
I found this on Github: https://github.com/Liu-wenxiang/Thinkpad-X390-Yoga-Clover and tried to boot with this clover.
The installer boots. After weeks it is unbelievable. I had sincerely lost hope
I found out that RTCFix.aml does the trick. Incredible. What is that?
After maki it gave me some "AppleUSBXHCI errors", and it needs "USB Port limit patch modify by DalianSky" in order to boot.
For anyone who is working on L390: RTCFix.aml allows to boot
I was wondering if someone can explain me what is this .aml file and what it does.
im trying to install on my thinkpad l390 yoga but no sucess, can you sahre your efi with the proper patchs applied?

I would also like to ask you to please share your EFI. I've been at this for about a month now, managed to install with clover, but trackpad is not working and probably other things, I didn't test more since basic scroll didn't work.
I keep trying every other day to fix things, but I feel I'm getting nowhere. So if you would be so kind to share your working config, you have no idea how happy it would make me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back