Graphics
GTX 970
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
  2. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I did have a thread regarding this machine and the (antique:)) gpu (x3100) but that part is resolved already. This time, i'm trying to get the USB fully working. Yes, i am very well aware that this particular computer is old (its running a T9300 cpu/8gb ram) but Sierra runs quite well on it, besides the annoying usb problems.

Problem

When Sierra starts (10.12.2) i only have a functional usb mouse. Since i also installed the VoodoPS2-controller from Rehabman, i also have got the touchpad and two buttons beneath the touchpad working. I also have a Realtek 8188cu (usb) wifi card that does not work, unless i remove it and plug it back in again, then it wakes up and i get wifi running also (have an intel wifi card inside that can't be used for obvious reasons).

When generating and disassembling my DSDT/various SSDT files (using Clover F4) and iasl, i get this that i believe relates to the usb ports:

194001-e20df81a7fe27a37cf282cfcdd74a93d.jpg

Trying to follow Rehabman and others guides here, i then renamed the "EHC1" and "EHC0" to "EH01" and "EH02" respectively. After this, i have tried to follow the guide here, renaming the usb ports inside of the AppleUSBEHCIPCI.kext (
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306777-guide-usb-fix-el-capitan-1011/) as well as trying to add the names EH01 and EH02 to the dummy kext described at the bottom of that page. Neither which worked.

When i look at my ioreg, i can see (also in DSDT) that i've got several USB things (USB0, USB1, USB2, USB3, USB4)

194002-f5fd0124e29c146f85778c503d531630.jpg

My question is basically: do i mix up the EH01/02 devices with what should really be inside the AppleUSBEHCIPCI.kext, namely the USB0 to USB4 devices?

I tried the USBInjectAll.kext (installed using kextwizard in S/L/E), removing and plugging back my Realtek wifi dongle in all ports, and what i can see then is that most of those USBx ports (in ioreg) become red and then gren.

How would i best go about this issue.

Machine:

Lenovo T61 (T9300), X3100, 8Gb ram, Clover 4012 (legacy boot).

Attachments

• capture1.jpeg
    capture1.jpeg
    182.7 KB · Views: 153
  • ioreg.jpeg
    ioreg.jpeg
    169.4 KB · Views: 161
Hi,

I did have a thread regarding this machine and the (antique:)) gpu (x3100) but that part is resolved already. This time, i'm trying to get the USB fully working. Yes, i am very well aware that this particular computer is old (its running a T9300 cpu/8gb ram) but Sierra runs quite well on it, besides the annoying usb problems.

Problem

When Sierra starts (10.12.2) i only have a functional usb mouse. Since i also installed the VoodoPS2-controller from Rehabman, i also have got the touchpad and two buttons beneath the touchpad working. I also have a Realtek 8188cu (usb) wifi card that does not work, unless i remove it and plug it back in again, then it wakes up and i get wifi running also (have an intel wifi card inside that can't be used for obvious reasons).

When generating and disassembling my DSDT/various SSDT files (using Clover F4) and iasl, i get this that i believe relates to the usb ports:

194001-e20df81a7fe27a37cf282cfcdd74a93d.jpg

Trying to follow Rehabman and others guides here, i then renamed the "EHC1" and "EHC0" to "EH01" and "EH02" respectively. After this, i have tried to follow the guide here, renaming the usb ports inside of the AppleUSBEHCIPCI.kext (
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306777-guide-usb-fix-el-capitan-1011/) as well as trying to add the names EH01 and EH02 to the dummy kext described at the bottom of that page. Neither which worked.

When i look at my ioreg, i can see (also in DSDT) that i've got several USB things (USB0, USB1, USB2, USB3, USB4)

194002-f5fd0124e29c146f85778c503d531630.jpg

My question is basically: do i mix up the EH01/02 devices with what should really be inside the AppleUSBEHCIPCI.kext, namely the USB0 to USB4 devices?

I tried the USBInjectAll.kext (installed using kextwizard in S/L/E), removing and plugging back my Realtek wifi dongle in all ports, and what i can see then is that most of those USBx ports (in ioreg) become red and then gren.

How would i best go about this issue.

Machine:

Lenovo T61 (T9300), X3100, 8Gb ram, Clover 4012 (legacy boot).

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

Hi,

yes, I have been through that link (and many others) numerous times. What I don't actually get is the difference between (in you r link above for example) when you have XHC->HS01/HS02, etc and all I can see are my USB0, USB1, etc (do they represent similar ports? Am I in the relevant realm even?).

Afaik, I should be able to rename my (active) DSDT (which is the only place that I have something resembling usb by the way, the rest of the SSDT(-x) seems to relate to other things, mainly cpu related stuff) where my EHC0 and EHC1 are renamed to EH00 and EH01 respectively. Also, I took the relevant dummy kext from here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306777-guide-usb-fix-el-capitan-1011/) and changed the EHC1 and EHC2 into EH00 and EH01 + removed the port restriction (port-count and port).

My tree in ioreg does not look like the examples here (not very close at all). Any hints would be welcome in resolving my issue (such as "yes, your usb0 == HS01")

It might help some if I attach my (decompiled) DSDT/SSDT and my ioreg?

Attachments

• Go_dsdt_ssdt.zip
    64.7 KB · Views: 67
  • Go’s iMac.zip
    328.7 KB · Views: 76
Hi,

yes, I have been through that link (and many others) numerous times. What I don't actually get is the difference between (in you r link above for example) when you have XHC->HS01/HS02, etc and all I can see are my USB0, USB1, etc (do they represent similar ports? Am I in the relevant realm even?).

Afaik, I should be able to rename my (active) DSDT (which is the only place that I have something resembling usb by the way, the rest of the SSDT(-x) seems to relate to other things, mainly cpu related stuff) where my EHC0 and EHC1 are renamed to EH00 and EH01 respectively. Also, I took the relevant dummy kext from here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306777-guide-usb-fix-el-capitan-1011/) and changed the EHC1 and EHC2 into EH00 and EH01 + removed the port restriction (port-count and port).

My tree in ioreg does not look like the examples here (not very close at all). Any hints would be welcome in resolving my issue (such as "yes, your usb0 == HS01")

It might help some if I attach my (decompiled) DSDT/SSDT and my ioreg?

If you need help...
Describe the problem clearly and concisely.
Read USB guide, post #1, "Problem Reporting"
Attach requested files...

Affirmative.

Problem

After booting up Sierra 10.12.2, only the wired usb mouse works from the start. My wifi usb dongle (RT8188cu) is "dead" and remain so until I pull it out and re-insert it again, then it wakes up and starts to function (led lights blinking as well on the USB adapter). Mouse usb and wifi usb are both located on one side of the laptop. There is also a third USB port on the other side, but that port only work when the mouse is connected to it. If I connect the wifi usb to the third port, it does not wake up (no led lights blinking either).

When looking at the DSDT, my devices assumingly related to the USB ports do not resemble what I can read about in the guides here at TonyMac, so I am not sure how to go about trying to fix this issue.

Files attached according to request.

thx

Attachments

• CLOVER_t61.zip
    2 MB · Views: 85
  • ioreg_t61.zip
    335 KB · Views: 76
  • sudo_SLE_kextcache.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 60
Affirmative.

Problem

After booting up Sierra 10.12.2, only the wired usb mouse works from the start. My wifi usb dongle (RT8188cu) is "dead" and remain so until I pull it out and re-insert it again, then it wakes up and starts to function (led lights blinking as well on the USB adapter). Mouse usb and wifi usb are both located on one side of the laptop. There is also a third USB port on the other side, but that port only work when the mouse is connected to it. If I connect the wifi usb to the third port, it does not wake up (no led lights blinking either).

When looking at the DSDT, my devices assumingly related to the USB ports do not resemble what I can read about in the guides here at TonyMac, so I am not sure how to go about trying to fix this issue.

Files attached according to request.

thx

You have really old hardware.
Your graphics device is not even supported.
I think you're better off with Snow Leopard or Lion (32-bit).

Yes, and you are singing to the choir. I know all about its antique value, etc, etc. But still, it works just fine for my needs (despite it being some half-baked beta driver release by apple). I do. Really.

All i'm asking is what is up with those "USB0" TO "USB4" that i have defined in this machine. How do they correlate to EHC0 and EHC1?

Do anyone know?

well, I kept fiddling with this and to answer (partly) myself for anyone interested in antique matters:

In the DSDT:
- rename the EHC0 to "EH01"
- rename the EHC1 to "EH02"

(I run SMBIOS for macbookpro6.2)

in:

/System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBHostFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBEHCIPCI.kext/Contents/Info.plist

rename EHC1 and EHC2 to EH01 and EH02 respectively.

In Clover, set FixOwnership (devices) to enabled.

With all these set, I now have my mouse working, my wifi-usb working and even my fingerprint scanner working (it decided to pop up as well) (right side of the machine).

I dont have that other USB port working (left side), but I'm working on it.

All i'm asking is what is up with those "USB0" TO "USB4" that i have defined in this machine. How do they correlate to EHC0 and EHC1?

I think those are USB1 devices/controllers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back