Contribute
Register

Lenovo T460s - El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't quite get the Win10 part... DISKPART.EXE cannot create HFS+J partitions.

I don't have any more ideas for you...
Did you notice anything odd or special in the boot log that might be causing this issue?

Did you notice anything odd or special in the boot log that might be causing this issue?

Since you're reaching the installer, your problem is not related to anything bootlog/Clover setup...

Since you're reaching the installer, your problem is not related to anything bootlog/Clover setup...
This seems to be a rare problem with this machine. I can't seem to quite get it to work with any installer I try, it always fails.

Could it be possible that this laptop simply cannot run El Cap (or any other version of OSX for that matter)?

This seems to be a rare problem with this machine. I can't seem to quite get it to work with any installer I try, it always fails.

Could it be possible that this laptop simply cannot run El Cap (or any other version of OSX for that matter)?

If you're reaching the installer, it is, by definition "running El Cap"... The OS X installer runs on OS X.

If you're reaching the installer, it is, by definition "running El Cap"... The OS X installer runs on OS X.
Yes, I reach the installer, but the actual installation always fails before I can even get to Stage 2 of the installation. That's what I mean by "running El Cap."

Yes, I reach the installer, but the actual installation always fails before I can even get to Stage 2 of the installation. That's what I mean by "running El Cap."

Usually install failures like that are due to incorrect/corrupt USB, corrupt download, etc.

Usually install failures like that are due to incorrect/corrupt USB, corrupt download, etc.
I've tried different USB sticks, all 3 ports, etc. Unfortunately this laptop only has USB 3.0 ports, so it might not be possible...

I've tried different USB sticks, all 3 ports, etc. Unfortunately this laptop only has USB 3.0 ports, so it might not be possible...

A USB2 stick in a USB3 port uses USB2 pins... completely different from using a USB3 stick in a USB3 port.

A USB2 stick in a USB3 port uses USB2 pins... completely different from using a USB3 stick in a USB3 port.
Okay, that makes sense. These sticks all have worked on past hackintosh machines which is why this is odd.

I just don't know which option is best to try to proceed...should I buy another flash drive? Or a new SSD?

Okay, that makes sense. These sticks all have worked on past hackintosh machines which is why this is odd.

I just don't know which option is best to try to proceed...should I buy another flash drive? Or a new SSD?

I would try first with a different USB stick. Make sure it is 16gb and a fresh/valid download from the MAS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back