Contribute
Register

Lenovo S400 Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. I recreated the stick (I always used my USB 3 stick in an usb 2 port) and deleted the following kexts:
AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext, AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext, AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext, AppleIntelHDGraphicsF8.kext and AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext

I couldn't see anything else interesting happening on the boot screen (of course with -v :D )

I can't try another monitor, because I don't have the right adapters so connect my laptop (only HDMI) with my DVI/VGA monitor.

I can't try another monitor, because I don't have the right adapters so connect my laptop (only HDMI) with my DVI/VGA monitor.

Purchase an HDMI -> DVI adapter.

Other things to try:
- check/change BIOS settings
- give it plenty of time (the Mavericks installer is *very* slow to come up)
- double check your work (eg. what is 'ls -l /Volumes/Installer/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntel*')

I connected it to my TV, but there was no difference, because the TV had no signal. The laptop screen was still active.
In the BIOS there is no choice for display output.

I connected it to my TV, but there was no difference, because the TV had no signal. The laptop screen was still active.
In the BIOS there is no choice for display output.

I was referring to perhaps changing other BIOS options...

You could also try a different bootloader. Perhaps Chameleon (or Enoch) or even Clover (if you're up to it).

I read in another post that someone with the same hardware had success.

In the BIOS are only few settings to change and I also tried most of them.
I can't send PMs so can you please ask him, how he succeeded?

I read in another post that someone with the same hardware had success.

In the BIOS are only few settings to change and I also tried most of them.
I can't send PMs so can you please ask him, how he succeeded?

Just post to his thread.

I think there is something wrong with your USB and you should try re-creating it. And I know from helping someone previously with this laptop (his was Ivy though) that there were issues with USB.

A new created stick didn't work with deleted kexts again.
What do you mean with issues with USB. Shall I try another stick or is the USB port on my laptop wrong?

A new created stick didn't work with deleted kexts again.
What do you mean with issues with USB. Shall I try another stick or is the USB port on my laptop wrong?

Try different USB ports, different USB stick. Also watch the verbose output for errors with EHCI/USB...

Ok, I now tried to boot with a bootable installation system on an msata ssd with 16 gb. After a while my laptop restarted automatically. I took a picture of the very last moment.

Attachments

• DSC01618.jpg
    DSC01618.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 212
Ok, I now tried to boot with a bootable installation system on an msata ssd with 16 gb. After a while my laptop restarted automatically. I took a picture of the very last moment.

What bootflags are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back