Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo 20HHCTO1WW
CPU
Intel Core i7-7820HQ
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 630 & NVIDIA Quadro M1200
I have tried following multiple guides - a high sierra guide for a lenovo p51 with slightly different specs, rehabman's clover guide, and the catalina unibeast guide. Unibeast got me the best results from what I can tell, but I still get an error about half way through the progress bar while os x is booting. When booting verbose, the error also makes the text illegible, but I have included the last legible picture as well.

I've never done this before and I'm not really sure what to look for in the logs, so it's very possible I messed up with something simple.

20200514_164936.jpg20200514_164858.jpg
I'm pretty sure I included everything needed (verbose pictures and efi/clover zip). If I have forgotten something, I apologize, please let me know and I'll fix it right away. Any help with this is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2 MB · Views: 47
Still.png

Search for 'still waiting for root device' or 'prohibitory symbol'.

Thanks for pointing me in that direction.

I ended up going back to RehabMan's clover guide as I felt like it helped me understand more of what was going on, and ended up encountering the same error. Let me know if it would be helpful to upload the new zip file now that I've changed whats in efi/clover.

I've tried using all of the usb ports, but unfortunately they are all usb3 ports. I've also tried using different flash drives. I think my BIOS settings are rather limited, as I don't have options for fast boot, xhci handoff, or enabling Legacy on USB3 ports. I have ordered a usb 2 hub to see if that might solve the issue. Some other threads also suggested using different boot flags, but those did not seem to make a difference either.

Will my limited BIOS settings cause serious problems? And would trying a different macOS version be helpful or is this an issue that can be solved by making changes to the plist or by using different drivers/kexts?

Thanks for pointing me in that direction.

I ended up going back to RehabMan's clover guide as I felt like it helped me understand more of what was going on, and ended up encountering the same error. Let me know if it would be helpful to upload the new zip file now that I've changed whats in efi/clover.

I've tried using all of the usb ports, but unfortunately they are all usb3 ports. I've also tried using different flash drives. I think my BIOS settings are rather limited, as I don't have options for fast boot, xhci handoff, or enabling Legacy on USB3 ports. I have ordered a usb 2 hub to see if that might solve the issue. Some other threads also suggested using different boot flags, but those did not seem to make a difference either.

Will my limited BIOS settings cause serious problems? And would trying a different macOS version be helpful or is this an issue that can be solved by making changes to the plist or by using different drivers/kexts?
USBInjectAll.kext would help in clover/kexts/other

make sure to use a USB2.0 stick/flash drive, try all ports (doesn't matter if you use a usb3.0 port)

The USBInjectAll did the trick, thanks so much for the help!!

I've already started getting other parts of the system working properly, but now I'm encountering an issue with patching DDST/SSDTs. The command "sudo cp iasl /usr/bin" gets the response "cp: /usr/bin/iasl: Read-only file system". I have checked that SIP is disabled with "csrutil status", so I don't believe that's the issue.

Should I be making a new thread for this since it's a different issue, or is this an appropriate place to ask for suggestions?

The USBInjectAll did the trick, thanks so much for the help!!

I've already started getting other parts of the system working properly, but now I'm encountering an issue with patching DDST/SSDTs. The command "sudo cp iasl /usr/bin" gets the response "cp: /usr/bin/iasl: Read-only file system". I have checked that SIP is disabled with "csrutil status", so I don't believe that's the issue.

Should I be making a new thread for this since it's a different issue, or is this an appropriate place to ask for suggestions?
use:
/usr/local/bin
instead

Thank you, that workaround helped.

I have now run into another issue after patching my DSDT to fix the battery status. I'm pretty sure I followed this guide without messing anything up, but after rebooting nothing seems to have changed. When I go to settings, my Current Battery Charge is always 0%. Also, checking the box to "Show battery status in menu bar" will only show the battery icon for a brief moment before the box is automatically unchecked.

I have attached a .zip containing my original DSDT and the patched version. Do you have any idea about other solutions or what I might have unknowingly messed up?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    92.3 KB · Views: 63
Thank you, that workaround helped.

I have now run into another issue after patching my DSDT to fix the battery status. I'm pretty sure I followed this guide without messing anything up, but after rebooting nothing seems to have changed. When I go to settings, my Current Battery Charge is always 0%. Also, checking the box to "Show battery status in menu bar" will only show the battery icon for a brief moment before the box is automatically unchecked.

I have attached a .zip containing my original DSDT and the patched version. Do you have any idea about other solutions or what I might have unknowingly messed up?

Thanks in advance!
my machine didn't need a dsdt patch for battery, using virtualsmc, smcbatterymanager.kext worked without any patching required

zip and upload your clover folder, and in terminal:

Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
and copy and paste the results here

I had tried that before doing the patches. I actually ended up realizing that I need both the patched DSDT and ACPIBatteryManager.kext (which I had initially gotten rid of after it didn't work on it's own), so the battery status is working now!

I had tried that before doing the patches. I actually ended up realizing that I need both the patched DSDT and ACPIBatteryManager.kext (which I had initially gotten rid of after it didn't work on it's own), so the battery status is working now!
yes, the kext is obviously needed! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back