Contribute
Register

Lenovo M5400 - failure to install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

In order to facilitate the help please find my full setup below

Tutorials:
- I read the first questions and laptop compatibility guides and as far as I can see the install should work (at least in theory).
- After reading the above, I followed the installation guide as best as I could.

Image:
OSX El Capitan v10.11 downloaded directly from a MacMini App Store and not a VM

Bios:
bios.jpg

Bootloader:

Clover. Please find attached an archive of the full EFI\Clover folder and the config.plist individually. For the config I used as template config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist and adjusted it to my specs.

Boot options: kext-dev-mode=1 dart=0 nv_disable=1 darkwake=0 -v
drivers64UEFI folder: EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, FSInject-64.efi, HFSPlus.efi, OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi, PartitionDxe-64.efi
kexts\Other folder: FakeSMC.kext (+ ACPI, CPU, GPU, LPC addons), HWMonitor.app, VoodooPS2Controller.kext

USB:
I used the single USB 2.0 the laptop has, but I also tried to install from the other (USB 3.0) slots with no success.

Printscreen of the error:
install_error.jpg

Please let me know if there is anything I should change in my text, or further provide.
I am aware the is another forum thread with the same problem and same laptop specs, but it's unresolved.

I've tried to boot well over 50 times (to a point where this is a "personal" problem), enabling and disabling features in bios, adding and removing boot options, basically trying every possible combination I could think of or saw online. I really wanted to exhaust all the options before posting.
Please note that this is my first Hackintosh attempt, so my knowledge in this field is very limited.

If someone is noticing something I have missed please let me know. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• EFI_CLOVER.ZIP
    6.7 MB · Views: 126
  • config.plist
    10.8 KB · Views: 272
Hi,

In order to facilitate the help please find my full setup below

Tutorials:
- I read the first questions and laptop compatibility guides and as far as I can see the install should work (at least in theory).
- After reading the above, I followed the installation guide as best as I could.

Image:
OSX El Capitan v10.11 downloaded directly from a MacMini App Store and not a VM

Bios:
View attachment 197701

Bootloader:

Clover. Please find attached an archive of the full EFI\Clover folder and the config.plist individually. For the config I used as template config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist and adjusted it to my specs.

Boot options: kext-dev-mode=1 dart=0 nv_disable=1 darkwake=0 -v
drivers64UEFI folder: EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, FSInject-64.efi, HFSPlus.efi, OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi, PartitionDxe-64.efi
kexts\Other folder: FakeSMC.kext (+ ACPI, CPU, GPU, LPC addons), HWMonitor.app, VoodooPS2Controller.kext

USB:
I used the single USB 2.0 the laptop has, but I also tried to install from the other (USB 3.0) slots with no success.

Printscreen of the error:
View attachment 197704

Please let me know if there is anything I should change in my text, or further provide.
I am aware the is another forum thread with the same problem and same laptop specs, but it's unresolved.

I've tried to boot well over 50 times (to a point where this is a "personal" problem), enabling and disabling features in bios, adding and removing boot options, basically trying every possible combination I could think of or saw online. I really wanted to exhaust all the options before posting.
Please note that this is my first Hackintosh attempt, so my knowledge in this field is very limited.

If someone is noticing something I have missed please let me know. Thank you in advance!

Your config.plist (in EFI_CLOVER.zip) is wrong for your hardware. HwMonitor.app is not a kext and should not be present in Clover/kexts.

Follow guide exactly as written: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

First of all thank you for taking the time to answer. Ok for HwMonitor.app, makes sense and I will remove it again.

Your config.plist (in EFI_CLOVER.zip) is wrong for your hardware.
This sounds intentionally vague, since when you say it's wrong then you must have noticed something and you could provide a hint, so I have a starting point. As I said in my post following your tutorial, I took config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist from your repository and ajusted the resolution. I don't see in the tutorial mentions of other steps that should be taken.

Last edited:
I took config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist from your repository and ajusted the resolution. I don't see in the tutorial mentions of other steps that should be taken.

You made more changes than that. For example, you changed config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX from 0x04128086 to 0x00000000.

To my shame you are right (probably a left-over from my trial and error, but a mistake nonetheless).
I've already tried with the original file before, but I re-copied it from your repository, updated the resolution and -v parameter only (config attached). I have the exact same outcome unfortunately.
Should I add/remove some values from the config?

Attachments

• config.plist
    11.8 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:
To my shame you are right (probably a left-over from my trial and error, but a mistake nonetheless).
I've already tried with the original file before, but I re-copied it from your repository, updated the resolution and -v parameter only (config attached). I have the exact same outcome unfortunately.
Should I add/remove some values from the config?

Boot verbose, show photo. Post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Done. In case I have to repost the archive, I assume I can delete also the doc folder to reduce the size?
IMG_20160601_200759.jpg

Attachments

• EfiClover_v2.ZIP
    3.1 MB · Views: 107

FakeSMC sensor kexts not needed... Remove.
VoodooPS2Controller.kext is not up-to-date. See guide for current kext link.

And be patient... booting from USB is not quick.

Eventually you should see more output "got boot device... waiting for DSMOS"...

Make sure you try all USB ports, both USB2 and USB3 sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back