Contribute
Register

Lenovo Legion Y720 questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
@George1239 can you upload your files please so Rehabman can see them ? I can't do that now I am out of town.

Well, he already mentioned in post 192, "no further ideas". What's changed now ?

Well, he already mentioned in post 192, "no further ideas". What's changed now ?

Post #220 was in response to a battery issue.
No files uploaded yet by either of you.

Hi guys! Thanks to @Abdulilah i fixed sleep/wake problem on my Lenovo Legion Y720 using VoodooTSCSync.kext! Thanks, thanks, thanks! @raff, do you succeed with battery status and DP connector? I think HDMI and DP is hard linked to Nvidia and there is no way to "reroute" them to HD630. I had to buy this https://www.wavlink.com/en_us/product/UG3501D.html to make my secondary monitor useful.

Hi guys! Thanks to @Abdulilah i fixed sleep/wake problem on my Lenovo Legion Y720 using VoodooTSCSync.kext! Thanks, thanks, thanks! @raff, do you succeed with battery status and DP connector? I think HDMI and DP is hard linked to Nvidia and there is no way to "reroute" them to HD630. I had to buy this https://www.wavlink.com/en_us/product/UG3501D.html to make my secondary monitor useful.
There's probably no way to use the HDMI/DP ports because like you stated, they're linked to the GTX1060 card. We should probably disable the external connectors on the framebuffer.

After installing the sleep/wake kext my computer reboots instead of waking up. Anyone encounters this issue ?
Installed the kext in the usual location Library/Extensions and rebuilt the cache

After installing the sleep/wake kext my computer reboots instead of waking up. Anyone encounters this issue ?
Installed the kext in the usual location Library/Extensions and rebuilt the cache
Known issue with VoodooTSCSync.kext.
Currently experimenting with TSCAdjustReset.kext. Will report back if I get better results.
You might also wanna build a new VoodooTSCSync.kext from source.

Note that you have to change the IOCPUNumber to 7 in either kext (your CPU has 8 cores).

When I have nothing in the acpi/patched folder, the kext works like a charm, when I place something in there, it reboots, Currently debugging :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back