Contribute
Register

Lenovo IdeaPad Z360 (i5) - Installs and Boots: MultiBeast Problems (and kexts, always the kexts...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo IdeaPad Z360 i5
CPU
Intel i5 (Sandy Bridge)
Graphics
Intel HD and Nvidia Geforce 310M (Optimus)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. iMac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone!

I am going to write down my problem in full detail, hoping that one of you "gurus" out there could help me solve this.

First off, I am not the complete beginner in the world of Mac OS X and I have tried hackintoshing and playing with kexts before. Having said that I wisht to make it clear that I am not an expert, and editing DSDTs and KEXTs are not within my range of competence.

I have a Lenovo Ideapad Z360 (13", i5-Sandy, 4 GB RAM, IntelHD/GeForce 310M (Optimus gfx) ). On this computer, after making all the necessary settings in BIOS, I have sucsessfully installed 10.6.3 and can make it boot with iBoot (not the newest one, that doesn't work) with PCIRootUID=1 and cpus=1. It is possible, but hard to upgrade it to 10.6.8 - and it fails most of the time. After that, running MultiBeast (using the EasyBeast option, and a couple of other basics) and rebooting results in:
I get to the Chimera prompt, and can select the HD to boot from it. After this, the Apple logo comes forth, and the loading indicater is visible for a second. Then: Instant reboot. I would again like to say that if I use the iBoot CD for booting the HD, then this is not a problem and the OS loads to desktop.

In the "standard" install, I get the standard 1024x768 resolution; ethernet and audio functionality and a semi-stable system. With Kexts I can get the WiFi-card to work 50% (sees and connects to networks, but gets no IP). I do not wish to list these specific HW problems here, since I could play with KEXTs myself and try to fix the stuff once I have a trouble "free" 10.6.8 up and running.

My problem is:
- How can I make it boot from the HD without using iBoot? MultiBeast seems to fail for me (Boots to Chimera, then reboot on OS load).
- How can I make the upgrade go smoother (have been using UpgradeHelper, does rarely work) ?

If I can make it work to a grade that it boots on its own, I would be happy :) Have read guides around the 'net and I know that Optimus or Intel HD isn't really supported, but one can always hope :)

Any help is appreciated!

// Peter

How did you install HACKINTOSH on your z360 i have the same, just pink.. And im stuck at : DSMOS HAS ARRIVED.. And i cant fix it.. HEEELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back