Contribute
Register

Lenovo Ideapad U430 - Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but I failed to understand your commands completely. I am not sure what I suspose to do with this:

Code:
Method (_WAK, 1, Serialized)  // _WAK: Wake
    {
        If (LOr (LLess (Arg0, One), LGreater (Arg0, 0x05)))
        {
            Store (0x03, Arg0)
        }

and this

Code:
 Method (_PTS, 1, NotSerialized)  // _PTS: Prepare To Sleep
    {
        Store (Zero, P80D)
        Store (Arg0, SLPS)
        Store (Zero, Local0)
        Store (Zero, Local0)
        If (And (ICNF, 0x10))
        {
            If (CondRefOf (\_SB.IAOE.PTSL))
            {
                Store (Arg0, \_SB.IAOE.PTSL)
            }
        }

Can you please clarify this for me?

See "instrumentation" patches in ACPIDebug repo: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Debug

To be sure I repeated the whole procedure. I disassembled files with nvidia on again, executed your makefile script and turned off nvidia. I really don't feel any difference.

What do you mean by "turned off nvidia"?

What do you mean by "turned off nvidia"?

Sorry, I wrote incorrect. I executed your makefile script and AFTER that I turn off nvidia card in bios.

Sorry, I wrote incorrect. I executed your makefile script and AFTER that I turn off nvidia card in bios.

Do not do that. The idea is to disable nvidia with SSDT edits, not from BIOS.

If you want to disable nvidia in BIOS, do it prior to extraction/patching.

Thanks to all of you for this great thread and the awesome patches and KEXTs.

I was able to get my u430 working great using this thread, only issue i have is that the touchpad is kinda wonky. Dragging and dropping a window for example is very glitchy. Is this to be expected?

Thanks to all of you for this great thread and the awesome patches and KEXTs.

I was able to get my u430 working great using this thread, only issue i have is that the touchpad is kinda wonky. Dragging and dropping a window for example is very glitchy. Is this to be expected?

Define "wonky"/"glitchy"...

It can lag a bit because when two fingers are on the pad, the bandwidth is cut to half of what it would be if there were only one finger. This is because the bandwidth is shared by the individual streams for primary and secondary fingers. Because of the reduced bandwidth per-finger the data isn't as smooth. But it should be still accurate with regard to the movement.

For example, if i click and drag with two fingers (index finger and thumb, moving my index finger but keeping my thumb in place) the cursor will move until i lift my finger (this is fine) when i want to move my finger to its original location, to keep dragging farther, the cursor jumps backwards making it impossible to drag a window further than one finger stroke.

Hope that makes some sense...

For example, if i click and drag with two fingers (index finger and thumb, moving my index finger but keeping my thumb in place) the cursor will move until i lift my finger (this is fine) when i want to move my finger to its original location, to keep dragging farther, the cursor jumps backwards making it impossible to drag a window further than one finger stroke.

Hope that makes some sense...

I only notice that when using a "wide thumb"... eg if I hold the clickpad down with my thumb sideways. Use your index finger and it will work better.

Or turn on dragging/drag lock in SysPrefs->Trackpad and use Double-Tap-Hold...drag...

hi Rehabman, i'm back again...
i saw there is an PCIE for SSD on the MB, it's ok also for a wireless card as BCM94360

hi Rehabman, i'm back again...
i saw there is an PCIE for SSD on the MB, it's ok also for a wireless card as BCM94360

Are you asserting that a WiFi card works in that slot, or are you asking a question?

Note: questions end in '?', statements end with '.'

I'd like to purchase a U430 in the near future and installing OS X looks like an entertaining project. Could I use the guide by johncronan to install clover onto an external USB hard drive instead of the main one? And could this be done in such a way that it makes no changes to the computer itself, just the external drive when plugged in? I don't want to mess with any windows hard drive especially since it's not really as large as I would like with just one machine. It would be even better if there is a spot for an additional internal hard drive but I can't find any information on that right now. I don't really know anything about doing this and I didn't find any information on using clover with an external hard drive after searching around for quite some time.

You should follow Rehabman's instructions, but just to let everybody know, I updated that guide on Github.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back