Contribute
Register

Lenovo Ideapad U410 Mountain Lion 90% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hit there some news. now All stuff are working(even usb card reader) except USB3(all ports works with USB2) HDMI audio and processor speed stuck at 1600 mhz.

I did a clean install with 10.8 then update to 10.8.2.

Seems like Wifi and bluetooth issues are specific to mountain lion , real mac has this issue to, after clean install all is OK now.
Sleep is OK with lid, sleep and and Wake natively if all components are well installed.
Sd card reader works natively.

I'll update the file soon.

Still working on USB3 ,HDMI audio, and processor speed. But this some effort this little machine can be a macbook killer.

please inform us when you upload the new file!
I didn't understand, is wifi working? and now if i close the laptop it automatically goes to sleep?

1) i don't have wifi too, i am waiting for lisai to explain how to get it working
2) follow the guide in the first post, doing that i got usb3 and webcam working. usb2 works natively
3) i don't understand, you have chimera working but if you boot you don't have mouse and keyboard working?! i have just connected my usb mouse and it works...

Thanks for all your help,im now with everything working/booting....just no WiFi :thumbdown: would like WiFi

** oh and a TouchPad kext / help needed ** :p

My Problems are:

1= No WiFi (not a major issue but i suppose it would be good to update DJ software)

2= No USB 3 (right sided USB Ports on U410 not working would be happy if they worked..even as USB 2)

3= No boot from HDD (if it does boot from HDD my M&K does not respond-only works if i boot from USB Stick) this one i would really like to sort!!

I could got USB3 at right side of laptop working in either 3.0 or 2.0 mode, but not both. I didn't use any fancy third-party kext, instead I am using kext originally from ML(10.8.2). There is one kext called XHCI something like that inside IOUSBFamily kext, which is responsible for USB3 driver. When it is loaded, USB3 ports will work in 3.0 mode, which only recognize USB3.0 device, except for 1.1 mouse and keyboard. You could disable this kext to enter 2.0 mode, but it must be done before booting. So simple way is to delete the XHCI kext and reboot. In 2.0 mode, it reads both 2.0 and 3.0 device, but speed is limited to 2.0 which is 480Mbps.

using the fix explained by original poster I got either camera AND usb3 working!
btw, can you post your file? It would be awesome to get wifi working! :D

This is the revised wireless kext for ar9285 only. The original post suggests deleting XHCI, which can make USB3 ports working in 2.0 mode, but the speed is also limited to 2.0 standard which is 480Mbps, much lower than 3.0 which is 5Gbps. Is there any way let USB working both in 3.0 speed as well as able to read 2.0 devices?

Attachments

• AirPortAtheros40.kext.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 266
sorry I didn't understand I had to change my wifi card, I thought you found a way to use the original wifi card... by the way, thank you :)
waiting for the new zip :D

it depends on your machine configuration. some lenovo u410 machine come out of box with ar9285, which can work in ml. but other machines are implemented with intel wifi card, for example, are not going to work in ml. you have to change your wifi card if it is not a r9285, and be aware that this laptop has whitelist.

it seems that I have Broadcom BCM4313GN 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wireless Network Adapter... i don't think it will work

I could got USB3 at right side of laptop working in either 3.0 or 2.0 mode, but not both. I didn't use any fancy third-party kext, instead I am using kext originally from ML(10.8.2). There is one kext called XHCI something like that inside IOUSBFamily kext, which is responsible for USB3 driver. When it is loaded, USB3 ports will work in 3.0 mode, which only recognize USB3.0 device, except for 1.1 mouse and keyboard. You could disable this kext to enter 2.0 mode, but it must be done before booting. So simple way is to delete the XHCI kext and reboot. In 2.0 mode, it reads both 2.0 and 3.0 device, but speed is limited to 2.0 which is 480Mbps.

:wave:Thanks Lisai- i have all usb's working now and webcam (think its only USB2 but thats fine for me)

I think i too have the same issue regarding the WiFi Card as P
insicchio...

I am aware these machines had a recall due to the Broadcom wifi card (fault was instability and a very short range) if the machine was built between approx may\june 2012 (this is all over the Lenovo website) which would explain the hassle it causes
:confused:.... I am now using a teenie weenie mini Railink USB wifi flawless..... :headbang::D

P.S This MacNovo flies!!! thanks for all the help I will post any new info I find...Like hopefully a Multitouch cure lol

Thanks again
:clap:

still waiting for hrakoto's new zip :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back