Contribute
Register

Lenovo Ideapad U410 Mountain Lion 90% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is almost no reason to implement _BIX. _BIF/_BST are enough.

And no reason to edit the Info.plist of my version. My version automatically selects DSDT methods based on what exists.

I've done a few Lenovo DSDT patches. If you provide the raw DSDT, chances are I have one already done for it, or can adapt one I've already created.

- - - Updated - - -

Battery patches are always specific to the computer or family of computers. Other than using the ProBook patches as an example, the patches themselves will not be very useful for a computer that is not a Probook.

Thanks Rehabman, I will extract my DSDT and upload it later. Ouestion, Is there any kext or drivers for touchscreens for hackintosh? Thanks.

Thanks Rehabman, I will extract my DSDT and upload it later. Ouestion, Is there any kext or drivers for touchscreens for hackintosh? Thanks.

I think touch-base.com. It is not free.

There is almost no reason to implement _BIX. _BIF/_BST are enough.

And no reason to edit the Info.plist of my version. My version automatically selects DSDT methods based on what exists.

I've done a few Lenovo DSDT patches. If you provide the raw DSDT, chances are I have one already done for it, or can adapt one I've already created.

- - - Updated - - -

Battery patches are always specific to the computer or family of computers. Other than using the ProBook patches as an example, the patches themselves will not be very useful for a computer that is not a Probook.

Hi Rehabman,

This is the raw copy of DSDT.aml from lenovo u410, can you check what battery patch do I need to provide? thank you very much. And after patching it, do i just need to install your applesmartbatterymanager.kext?

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    17.7 KB · Views: 117
Hi Rehabman,

This is the raw copy of DSDT.aml from lenovo u410, can you check what battery patch do I need to provide? thank you very much. And after patching it, do i just need to install your applesmartbatterymanager.kext?

This is similar/same as one I already did for a Lenovo Z580. Your U410 must use a similar BIOS/EC.

See here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...artbatterymanager-lenovo-z580.html#post656392

Apply the patch with MaciASL and install my battery manager with Kext Wizard.

How do i patch with MacIASL? What is the URL for the battery patch? Sorry new to DSDT patching. Thanks

The patch is in the code block in the post I linked.

Here's how to use the patch.

- download & run MaciASL. It will load your system DSDT if you don't have one, or will load the one from /Extra/dsdt.aml if you already do have one there.
- Click Patch.
- Paste the patch text (from the linked post) in the resulting window. It will show you a preview of the changes.
- Click Apply. Click Close.
- Choose Save As, format: ACPI Machine Language Binary, to /Extra/dsdt.aml.

Reboot and try it.

The patch is in the code block in the post I linked.

Here's how to use the patch.

- download & run MaciASL. It will load your system DSDT if you don't have one, or will load the one from /Extra/dsdt.aml if you already do have one there.
- Click Patch.
- Paste the patch text (from the linked post) in the resulting window. It will show you a preview of the changes.
- Click Apply. Click Close.
- Choose Save As, format: ACPI Machine Language Binary, to /Extra/dsdt.aml.

Reboot and try it.

Thanks, you have a new acpibatterymanager. Does this require dsdt patching? Or just install.

Thanks, you have a new acpibatterymanager. Does this require dsdt patching? Or just install.

Just install. And if you want you may re-install vanilla AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext (it won't be loading, but it might make system updates smoother).

Just install. And if you want you may re-install vanilla AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext (it won't be loading, but it might make system updates smoother).

So does it mean, that this is a universal Kext for battery and no need patching of my dsdt. Because like the previous applesmartbatterymanager. Kext needed to patch my dsdt that you made for Lenovo in order to work. Do I need to use also the vanilla AppleACPIPlatform Kext? Thanks.

So does it mean, that this is a universal Kext for battery and no need patching of my dsdt. Because like the previous applesmartbatterymanager. Kext needed to patch my dsdt that you made for Lenovo in order to work. Do I need to use also the vanilla AppleACPIPlatform Kext? Thanks.

It is universal. But if you needed patches to your DSDT you still need them. All ACPI-based battery managers require DSDT patches if the DSDT accesses EC registers larger than 8-bit. And you need to use vanilla AppleACPIPlatform to enable Ivy Bridge power management and to avoid other problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back