Contribute
Register

Lenovo Ideapad s400u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you installed a bootloader? either chimera/chameleon/clover (which ever works with you) because setting the BIOS to boot the HDD just wont do.

Ok, I don't know way but after 2 reboots this flag "IGPlatformID=0166003" works.

until now these don't work:
- (x2) usb 2.0. (only the usb 3.0 works)
- keyboard (in the meantime I plugged in an external usb keyboard with mouse)
- touchpad

- brightness
- audio
- monitor resolution is still
stretched

So as you suggested me before I edit
"org.chameleon.Boot.plist" adding
<key>IGPlatformID</key>
<string>0166003</string>

After added this I removed the usb key and reboot the machine. Setting in bios the HD priority osx doesn't start and just show a start error immediately. But using the usb key (the first made by unibeast) the boot shows on and now with out any params/flag it starts.

so, I thought to try something in multibeast for fix all of these. but I didn't find in the documentation the way for remove what I have already installed (in case it doesn't work).

what's the plan now?
o_O

PS: thank you so much for helping me!!!

I installed only Chimera.
now if I reboot the machine (reading the OSX HD) without the unibeast usbkey, it shows "Boot0: error" at the begin.

should i install also chameleon or/and clover?

No need, you already have chimera (which is a fork off chameleon, i think), now you need to fix the boot0 error (tutorial are available, just use search) and hopefully that would fix your boot issue.

I installed only Chimera.
now if I reboot the machine (reading the OSX HD) without the unibeast usbkey, it shows "Boot0: error" at the begin.

should i install also chameleon or/and clover?

Ok, I don't know way but after 2 reboots this flag "IGPlatformID=0166003" works.

IGPlatformID is only active with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, so perhaps you were using GraphicsEnabler=No.

until now these don't work:
- (x2) usb 2.0. (only the usb 3.0 works)

Did you install GenericUSBXHCI or is your USB3 working with native kexts. Might be best to post your ioreg dump. http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Also look at your BIOS options for USB and see if anything helps.

- keyboard (in the meantime I plugged in an external usb keyboard with mouse)
- touchpad

You need PS2 drivers for these devices. The best one for your machine depends on who makes the trackpad. If you post your DSDT (use MaciASL then Save As), there is often a clue in there, otherwise you can inspect in Windows device manager.

- brightness

Try this DSDT patch:
Code:
#   Brightness control fix
into device label PNLF remove_entry;
into scope label \_SB insert
begin
Device (PNLF)\n
{\n
	Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))\n
	Name (_CID, "backlight")\n
	Name (_UID, 0x0A)\n
	Name (_STA, 0x0B)\n
}\n
end;

Then check if brightness works in SysPrefs -> Displays.

You need a patched AppleHDA specifically for your audio codec. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide' and follow the first few steps, which will get you a codec dump from Linux. Then search for an AppleHDA for that codec. If you can't find one, you can also use the guide to generate one (very involved). If you do find one, you can often create a current patched AppleHDA using the files within the older one.

- monitor resolution is still
stretched

Can you change it in SysPrefs -> Displays? May be that HD4000 is still not working. ioreg dump will tell what is working/not working.

So as you suggested me before I edit
"org.chameleon.Boot.plist" adding
<key>IGPlatformID</key>
<string>0166003</string>

After added this I removed the usb key and reboot the machine. Setting in bios the HD priority osx doesn't start and just show a start error immediately. But using the usb key (the first made by unibeast) the boot shows on and now with out any params/flag it starts.

So you're still booting from the USB (that is not good). What is the error?

so, I thought to try something in multibeast for fix all of these. but I didn't find in the documentation the way for remove what I have already installed (in case it doesn't work).

Each option in Multibeast tells you what it does. There is also the Multibeast documentation.

Uoh, thanks for all these infos. Now I try and look for how to do all of this without errors. i let you know soon!

Uoh, thanks for all these infos. Now I try and look for how to do all of this without errors. i let you know soon!

Don't try to do it all at once. Work on booting from your HDD (proper installation of bootloader on HDD) and power management (eg. SSDT, patched AppleIntelCPU*, etc). Then move on to HD4000 patches/IGPlatformID, etc.

Hi guys,

Any news about this laptop ?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back