Contribute
Register

Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
My EFI/Clover folder isn't in there; I'm booting into OS X using my installer USB Stick while trying to get clover installed to the Hard Drive. That's a different issue that I won't bring into this for now, however. If its critical, then I will return to this post once I have it for you.

Attachments

• files.zip
    393.6 KB · Views: 123
My EFI/Clover folder isn't in there; I'm booting into OS X using my installer USB Stick while trying to get clover installed to the Hard Drive. That's a different issue that I won't bring into this for now, however. If its critical, then I will return to this post once I have it for you.

Fix your Clover problem first.

RehabMan,

I resolved my problem successfully by getting Clover installed to my hard drive and using it to inject your VoodooPS2 kext. It wasn't my intent to hijack this thread, so I apologize for that, but thank you for your efforts.

RehabMan,

I resolved my problem successfully by getting Clover installed to my hard drive and using it to inject your VoodooPS2 kext. It wasn't my intent to hijack this thread, so I apologize for that, but thank you for your efforts.

Of course, all kexts you need should be installed to the system volume. Clover kext injection is only for the installer and recovery partitions.

I was looking at the flex 5 as well with the 7th generation i5 Here are the specs below. I am safe to assume the WIFI or Bluetooth would not work as it's Lenovo? As well would there be issues with USB-C or HDMI? The USB would definitely have to work and full GPU. I would also love for the card reader to work..

Also If there is a better model in the same 600 price range, please suggest this model to me for a Sierra install.

• Processor
    7th Generation Intel® Core™ i5

• Operating System
    Windows 10 Home 64/replace with SUPERIOR OSX - prefer OS X Sierra

• Display Type
    14.0" HD AntiGlare Multitouch (1366x768) with integrated camera - 1920x1080

• Memory
    8.0GB DDR4 2133MHz

• Hard Drive
    1TBGB 5400 RPM

• Graphics
    Intel® HD Graphics 620 - is there a kext that works?

• Battery
    3 Cell 52.5 Watt Hour Li-Polymer

• Bluetooth
    Bluetooth Version 4.1 (not sure on chipset) - is there a kext that works?

• Keyboard
    Backlit English Keyboard

• Wireless
    Lenovo AC Wireless (2x2)
  • Also has a SDHC card ready - is there a kext that works?

I was looking at the flex 5 as well with the 7th generation i5 Here are the specs below. I am safe to assume the WIFI or Bluetooth would not work as it's Lenovo? As well would there be issues with USB-C or HDMI? The USB would definitely have to work and full GPU. I would also love for the card reader to work..

Also If there is a better model in the same 600 price range, please suggest this model to me for a Sierra install.

• Processor
    7th Generation Intel® Core™ i5

• Operating System
    Windows 10 Home 64/replace with SUPERIOR OSX - prefer OS X Sierra

• Display Type
    14.0" HD AntiGlare Multitouch (1366x768) with integrated camera - 1920x1080

• Memory
    8.0GB DDR4 2133MHz

• Hard Drive
    1TBGB 5400 RPM

• Graphics
    Intel® HD Graphics 620 - is there a kext that works?

• Battery
    3 Cell 52.5 Watt Hour Li-Polymer

• Bluetooth
    Bluetooth Version 4.1 (not sure on chipset) - is there a kext that works?

• Keyboard
    Backlit English Keyboard

• Wireless
    Lenovo AC Wireless (2x2)
  • Also has a SDHC card ready - is there a kext that works?

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back