Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone!

Does anyone have any experience with installing OS X on a Lenovo IdeaPAd 500S? The laptop has a Skylake i7 Processor with Nvidia dedicated GPU.

Any tidbit of information is more than welcome! Thank you in advance!

CPU: Intel i7-6500U
Graphics: Intel HD 520
Audio: Realtek HD
WiFi: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165
BIOS: D3CN24WW / Phoenix SecureCore Technology

It's a UEFI system with an SSD and Windows 10 preloaded. I made a Yosemite installer USB but when I disable secure boot (there aren't any settings I can change) and select it from the boot menu, Windows 10 boots. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

CPU: Intel i7-6500U
Graphics: Intel HD 520
Audio: Realtek HD
WiFi: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165
BIOS: D3CN24WW / Phoenix SecureCore Technology

It's a UEFI system with an SSD and Windows 10 preloaded. I made a Yosemite installer USB but when I disable secure boot (there aren't any settings I can change) and select it from the boot menu, Windows 10 boots. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Read post #2.

So i am trying to install MacOS Sierra in this laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 500s 13isk.
I followed this https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/ guide and I installed and boot from usb (UEFI) and i am at macOS right now, but, the audio is not working, the laptop keyboard and the trackpad aren't working too.

So, whats is happening, my laptop thinks he is a pc? What i have to do, I have to reinstall all using the laptop guide? Or I can only install the ´kexts´ and it will make my laptop working?

(I installed sierra because i did not see that it was a guide only for desktops)

So i am trying to install MacOS Sierra in this laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 500s 13isk.
I followed this https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/ guide and I installed and boot from usb (UEFI) and i am at macOS right now, but, the audio is not working, the laptop keyboard and the trackpad aren't working too.

So, whats is happening, my laptop thinks he is a pc? What i have to do, I have to reinstall all using the laptop guide? Or I can only install the ´kexts´ and it will make my laptop working?

(I installed sierra because i did not see that it was a guide only for desktops)

Follow the laptop guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back