Contribute
Register

Lenovo IdeaPad 330S-15IKB 81F500NSUS

Status
Not open for further replies.
its under "releases"

don't forget to read the information first
Thanks, but the kext does not work. System does not boot, hangs after ps2voodoo blabla.

Tried most combi's and i did load the other driver in clover. tried many times, most combi's

Ah well

A thing thats more important, is it normal to NOT get the touchbar prefs in system config (the pane)
Now i cannot configure the speed or enable the soft clicks...

Thanks, but the kext does not work. System does not boot, hangs after ps2voodoo blabla.

Tried most combi's and i did load the other driver in clover. tried many times, most combi's

Ah well

A thing thats more important, is it normal to NOT get the touchbar prefs in system config (the pane)
Now i cannot configure the speed or enable the soft clicks...
sometimes you need to create a lilufriend kext:
https://github.com/RehabMan/hack-tools

and replace SMChelper.efi with VirtualSmc.efi

Laptop specs:
15.6" Full HD display
8th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-8250U mobile processor
8GB system memory (upgraded to 20GB)
1TB Hard Drive plus 16GB Intel Optane Memory (changed to 1 SATA SSD and 1 NVME SSD)
Intel® UHD Graphics 620

I have everything working on the latest MacOS Mojave. I had to replace the Intel WiFi/bluetooth card with a BCM94352Z LENOVO WIRELESS MINI CARD I got off eBay. I replaced the Optane memory with a NVME hard drive (required a bios change) and the 1TB hard drive with a SATA SSD.

Thanks to RehabMan and several other people for all their help in making it possible.

I have the same notebook. I'm curious which 16GB RAM and NVMe modules did you use?
I saw one guy with the AMD CPU version of this notebook used (Crucial 16GB DDR4 2666 MT/s (PC4-21300) - CT16G4SFD8266)
Also what is your BIOS version? thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same notebook. I'm curious which 16GB RAM and NVMe modules did you use?
I saw one guy with the AMD CPU version of this notebook used (Crucial 16GB DDR4 2666 MT/s (PC4-21300) - CT16G4SFD8266)
Also what is your BIOS version? thanks!
I used the one that crucial recommended. I used an OCZ/Toshiba NVME drive I had. I’ll have to get back to you on the bios version as I am not home.

I used the one that crucial recommended. I used an OCZ/Toshiba NVME drive I had. I’ll have to get back to you on the bios version as I am not home.
Thanks for the reply. So was it this same RAM stick from Crucial, the CT16G4SFD8266? If you run CPU-Z you might be able to display which one it is such as this example:

Attachments

• CPU-Z-ram-20GB.png
    CPU-Z-ram-20GB.png
    87.5 KB · Views: 167

I would like to know the bios version as well. As this might solve the battery issue.

Can you also tell me if you can configure your trackpad in the apple systemconfig? i can now only use the hard click buttons.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back