1. eMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Laptop specs:
15.6" Full HD display
8th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-8250U mobile processor
8GB system memory (upgraded to 20GB)
1TB Hard Drive plus 16GB Intel Optane Memory (changed to 1 SATA SSD and 1 NVME SSD)
Intel® UHD Graphics 620

I have everything working on the latest MacOS Mojave. I had to replace the Intel WiFi/bluetooth card with a BCM94352Z LENOVO WIRELESS MINI CARD I got off eBay. I replaced the Optane memory with a NVME hard drive (required a bios change) and the 1TB hard drive with a SATA SSD.

Thanks to RehabMan and several other people for all their help in making it possible.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 847
Last edited:
Congrats! I'm planning to get the i7-8550U version. Could you share your EFI/CLOVER/ folder and final patches? What about performance: could you post a Geekbench score? Have you tried dual-boot with Windows? Thanks!

Congrats! I'm planning to get the i7-8550U version. Could you share your EFI/CLOVER/ folder and final patches? What about performance: could you post a Geekbench score? Have you tried dual-boot with Windows? Thanks!
When I get home later today I will upload my clover folder, however, with laptops, the settings are VERY machine specific and unless you have the exact same machine with the exact same bios, it may or may not work for you. There can be differences even with the same models as manufacturers source similar parts from different manufacturers. Different retailers will sell the same model but Lenovo can have different skews of the same model for each retailer. This is one of the reasons doing a hackintosh laptop is much more difficult than a desktop where you can pick the most compatible parts.

All this being said, you may be better off building it from scratch like I did. It is a pain, but the community is a great resource for getting everything working. It can take a LOT of effort and time to get it finished. I took probably 1-2 months off and on to get my laptop fully working, but this was because I needed a lot of help and it takes time to work through all the issues and the members of the community all have day jobs so they cannot provide help immediately - all I am saying is that it takes a lot of patience and persistence to do it from scratch, but in the end, you will probably have a better working machine than if you just copied someones clover folder.

I have Windows on the SATA SSD and macOS on the NVME SSD. Performance is good, cpu is a little better than my 2012 i7 MacBook Pro with Retina display, the iGPU is a lot better (but Intel iGPU is still not that great). Having upgradeable RAM and 2 drive options make a big difference on performance as well. Geekbench attached.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 8.34.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 8.34.32 AM.png
    142.8 KB · Views: 441
I have attached my clover file to the first post.

Thank you so much for sharing your clover folder! I got my Lenovo Ideapad S330-15IKB i7-8550U less than a week ago and your work (and of others involved) has been a tremendous help for my first Hackintosh. I have already been able to get pretty much everything working and quite reliably in Mojave 10.14.3!

The only few remaining issues are with:
1) sleeping/waking up as I installed macOS on an external USB drive which may prevent sleeping.
2) Bluetooth not working reliably after replacing the original WiFi+ Bluetooth Atheros card with a Broadcom BCM94350ZAE.

Anyway, waiting now for a new internal SSD to perform the final transplantation :)

Laptop specs:
15.6" Full HD display
8th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-8250U mobile processor
8GB system memory (upgraded to 20GB)
1TB Hard Drive plus 16GB Intel Optane Memory (changed to 1 SATA SSD and 1 NVME SSD)
Intel® UHD Graphics 620

I have everything working on the latest MacOS Mojave. I had to replace the Intel WiFi/bluetooth card with a BCM94352Z LENOVO WIRELESS MINI CARD I got off eBay. I replaced the Optane memory with a NVME hard drive (required a bios change) and the 1TB hard drive with a SATA SSD.

Thanks to RehabMan and several other people for all their help in making it possible.
Thank you for the CLOVER files. I have the exact same laptop however 2 things don't work (actually more, but i know how to solve)

- Trackpad does not work at all, how did you fix this?
- Battery indicator does not stay in taskbar
- Wifi - i ordered a wifi card as you posted
- App store - seems appstore needs a proper ethernetcard or airport, so will be solved with wifi card, otherwise i will use ethernetNull kext.

I really hope i can fix the trackpad with your help.

EDIT: Never mind, trackpad works now, don't know why...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back