Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi Everyone, I am quite new building a hackintosh. Before we get started with the chit chat let me not waste your time and provide you with the following info:

=========================
System Information:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60GHz

Video Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000​

Memory: 8 GB​

BIOS: 5ECN96WW(V9.01)​
Version: LENOVO 5ECN96WW(V9.01)​
Manufacturer: LENOVO​

Laptop: Lenovo G780​

Then I did the following:

- Guide I followed: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

- Using Vmware Yosemite, I managed to download a copy of Yosemite from App Store.

- Then I used UniBeast and made my usb bootable.

- Optimized my BIOS Settings and worked great.

- I saw the Tonymac logo when I booted from usb and I clicked on the USB.

- The Apple logo appeared and but later on, the logo switched to the denied logo as in there was a circle with a line through it.

- I decided to go into verbose mode and to look at the problem and turns out it crashes and I managed to take a picture of it so its attached to this post. Please take a look at the screenshot and help me guide through this.

- I know the usb works because it boots perfectly and I even see the tonymac logo and yosemite underneath it... Yeah so after seeing that I was gonna give up but thought to coming here and asking for help. Help is always good you know.

DSC_0034.JPG

P.s: my apologies, can a moderator move this topic to Yosemite laptop support please? Thanks :)

Thread moved from Yosemite Desktop Support.

So any suggestions/thoughts on what could be messing it up? How can I go about solving this problem? :)

Hi Everyone, I am quite new building a hackintosh. Before we get started with the chit chat let me not waste your time and provide you with the following info:

System Information:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60GHz​

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

- Guide I followed: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

- I decided to go into verbose mode and to look at the problem and turns out it crashes and I managed to take a picture of it so its attached to this post. Please take a look at the screenshot and help me guide through this.

Follow one of these two guides:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-unibeast.html

-or-

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

System: Lenovo G780 (Clover)
CPU: i5-3230M/HM76
Graphics: Intel HD4000, 1600x900
Processor Specs: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60 Ghz
Motherboard Manufacturer: Lenovo
Motherboard Chipset: Ivy Bridge - HM76

And when I go home, I will try the first link (unibeast method for laptop) and let you know by tonight if I come across any errors.

System: Lenovo G780 (Clover)
CPU: i5-3230M/HM76
Graphics: Intel HD4000, 1600x900
Processor Specs: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60 Ghz
Motherboard Manufacturer: Lenovo
Motherboard Chipset: Ivy Bridge - HM76

Read carefully. "in your profile"

I tried this method: Booting the OS X Installer on Laptop with Clover UEFI. Went into BIOS and disabled secured boot and made sure that my UEFI support was on. I restarted the laptop and went into the boot menu. I saw the USB indeed which means its working. However when I clicked on it, I saw the clover with only windows partitions. Here is a step by step procedure:

1) Boot Menu:
DSC_0037.JPG

2) I can see the USB fine.
DSC_0038.JPG

3) Clover Screen but where is the MSC OS X Parition?
DSC_0039.JPG

4) Here is my OS X which is on the USB.
DSC_0041.jpg

Issue: I can't see the other partition once I am in the Clover and all the other partitions shown up there directly leads me back to my windows 8.1.

Thanks for your help in advance :)

Attachments

• DSC_0040.jpg
    DSC_0040.jpg
    1,005.7 KB · Views: 243
You forgot HFSPlus.efi.

*Facepalm*. Thank you for that note. I have got it to the point where I got to the utility disk and formatted a drive for it. Its now installing the OSX. :thumbup:

Question: I was just reading your post installation and you mention that install clover on your HDD. Basically all I have to do after installation is complete is to open up clover and this instead of selecting the USB, I Select the HDD on which the OSX was installed. Is that correct? If so, Can I then safely remove the USB once Clover is installed on the HDD?

*Facepalm*. Thank you for that note. I have got it to the point where I got to the utility disk and formatted a drive for it. Its now installing the OSX. :thumbup:

Question: I was just reading your post installation and you mention that install clover on your HDD. Basically all I have to do after installation is complete is to open up clover and this instead of selecting the USB, I Select the HDD on which the OSX was installed. Is that correct? If so, Can I then safely remove the USB once Clover is installed on the HDD?

Once you install Clover on your HDD you can boot directly from the HDD without the USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back