Contribute
Register

Lenovo G560 Boot Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh silly me i thought it was close to yours ha ha. I am going to try the lion installer made from my friends lion osx hopefully works. if not then i dont know what to do.../: ill try asap and let u know thanks again. Can you help me configure what i need for multibeast? i did read i needed the select mac mini 8.1 or whatever. i thought my ethernet was broadcom not realtek? and my audio im un sure of...again thanks!

Yes I'll help with multibeast and whatever else and you should get most things working. The wi-fi most likely won't work and the ethernet is actually atheros (its the wifi that's broadcom). The hardest part for you to me right now is getting Lion installed and booting. If you get it booting I'm very confident you'll have it working relatively well by christmas :thumbup:

thank you thank you thank you. if i can do this my nephew will have a great xmas present. i have access to an intel wifi card do you think that would help?

carlos28355 said:
thank you thank you thank you. if i can do this my nephew will have a great xmas present. i have access to an intel wifi card do you think that would help?

What type is it? I would need device ids or perhaps a model number to know if it will work. A link to a webpage about the card might be helpful.

Here is whats on the card
Intel
Model: 512AN_HMW
Intel WiFi Link 5100
D P/N: 0cy256
CN-0CY256-70223-966-04EA-A04

ok thanks much...making progress thanks to you...booted to lion usb drive...did installation...rebooted asked for keyboard..plugged in belkin keyboard nothing changed. plugged in apple keyboard nothing changed..rebooted a couple times same thing

**update***
Kept rebooting with both plugged in eventually it worked am looking at lion desktop nown 10.7.2..so close thank you!

Ok thats awesome

Can you tell me what's not working and I'll figure out what you need in Multibeast?

ethernet not working
webcam not working
How to i test audio? dont see default music in here like windows has..
what else should i be testing? thats bout all i need i think ?? im probably over looking something dumb

to test audio you should be able to download (with windows) and double click an mp3 and the default program should play it. test with and without headphones plugged in. I also imagine the laptop keyboard isn't working right now, yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back