Contribute
Register

LegacyHDA Alternate Edits 888/888b/889/889a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NEW LegacyHDA Edits 888/888b/889/889a- Need Testers!

Can you point me to the Vanilla AppleHDA kext. I'm searching but not finding a linked file under that name.

Thanks
Brett

@humph yes depends on the nesting of the pathmaps, i got none mic to show as internal mic and headphones to show perfectly, no insertion errors but i'll have to play around more later.

tonymacx86 said:
Lerxst said:
Tony,

I am on a UD2 board (10.6.2) and had audio working even though playback was distorted at times and seemed to degrade over time.

In my attempts to try the suggested new paths to audio bliss I have lost all audio and seem unable to restore it.

Can you please advise me on what has worked best to date / so far. What are you using?

Thanks
Brett

Hey Brett- the newest LegacyHDA's on the front page are only compatible with the F8 bios- make sure you're on that one, and have the Vanilla 10.6.2 AppleHDA. Good luck!

I am using F8 bios and following your instructions I was able to restore my audio. The sound was excellent the first day but today when I booted up the sound quality has degraded again.

I get static, pauses and noise in my audio now. It did this before I started trying other options.

Is there an audio cache that gets corrupted or quicktime settings that are not optimal.

Are you seeing (hearing) any of these problems?

I might try the voodoo text if the quality is going to be this bad.

Lerxst said:
tonymacx86 said:
Lerxst said:
Tony,

I am on a UD2 board (10.6.2) and had audio working even though playback was distorted at times and seemed to degrade over time.

In my attempts to try the suggested new paths to audio bliss I have lost all audio and seem unable to restore it.

Can you please advise me on what has worked best to date / so far. What are you using?

Thanks
Brett

Hey Brett- the newest LegacyHDA's on the front page are only compatible with the F8 bios- make sure you're on that one, and have the Vanilla 10.6.2 AppleHDA. Good luck!

I am using F8 bios and following your instructions I was able to restore my audio. The sound was excellent the first day but today when I booted up the sound quality has degraded again.

I get static, pauses and noise in my audio now. It did this before I started trying other options.

Is there an audio cache that gets corrupted or quicktime settings that are not optimal.

Are you seeing (hearing) any of these problems?

I might try the voodoo text if the quality is going to be this bad.

Sounds like an OS issue- not a driver issue. I'd download Onyx and run a full automation- it will clear any caches. And be sure you don't have VoodooHDA in S/L/E by accident and you're booting from the hard drive.

:)

I dont have any Voodoo kexts in my s/l/e folder but I do have both the Legacy kext and the AppleHDA kext in there.

Lerxst said:
I dont have any Voodoo kexts in my s/l/e folder but I do have both the Legacy kext and the AppleHDA kext in there.

Great- the LegacyHDA needs to be in /Extra/Extensions to work. Remove it from SLE and place it there, then run MultiBeast's Disk Utilities and reboot. :) Joy!

I did as suggested and there is no change.

Still suffering with periodic static, dropouts and noise.

Lerxst said:

What smbios are you using? If you switch to MacPro4,1 some of the issues could disappear- this will make native speedstep not work, but you can add this to your DSDT pretty easily. Also, what kind of case/cooling system do you have. And PCI cards- sometimes these things can interfere with onboard audio.

Lerxst said:

Could this be a HPET problem? Never experienced it myself, but read of others with jittery audio where lack of/bad HPET was causing audio dropouts.

If you are using Tony's DSDT for the board, then it should be OK and could be ruled out i guess. But if no DSDT, then might be worth trying that.

I thought the "MacPro" model was more to do with avoiding the "pops" that can occur on audio start, which is annoying for gaming, but less of a problem if listening to music etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back