Contribute
Register

LegacyHDA Alternate Edits 888/888b/889/889a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NEW LegacyHDA Edits 888/888b/889/889a- Need Testers!

I just re-read all 11 pages to be sure:
Is there anyone who got the "Digital Output" actually working?
I just bought a digital AVR, so I could test new DSDT edits or kexts right away.
Btw, I'm running 10.6.3 with the 10.6.2 AppleHDA, LegacyHDA and DSDT with all analogue outputs working fine. Digital gives me no sound at all, although it looks fine.

Edit: Thanks to a PM from timg with an older DSDT.aml and LegacyHDA_ALC888B.kext the digital output seems to work fine, yeeha - great community here!

homesnake said:
that's good news - any links you can share? I would love to get the digital out working on this UD2! ;)

All my I/O work, including the digital ones. I had to order the dual optical / coaxial connector that goes into one of the PCI slots in the case (The digital inputs are pin headers on the mobo, the back panel digital ports were both output only).

I did have to play with the sampling frequency in the midi controller menu before they began to work. It's like they were set on the wrong frequency as default.

homesnake said:
that's good news - any links you can share? I would love to get the digital out working on this UD2! ;)

Of course, here U go. Be aware: The DSDT.aml is for my i5 with edits for Intel SpeedStep, so you'd have to edit it for your i7, or just take the HDA (edit: HDEF) section of this file and put it in your DSDT.
It works perfectly with my receiver (Denon AVR 1610), music from iTunes is Stereo, XBMC sends 5.1 DolbyDigital (ac3) or DTS.
Maybe the newest Multibeast finally enables optical, but as it works for me, I won't change a thing.

btw I use: 10.6.3 but the 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext

Attachments

• LegacyHDA_ALC888B_with.optical.zip
    19 KB · Views: 66
  • Bildschirmfoto 2010-04-22 um 22.07.57.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2010-04-22 um 22.07.57.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 193
  • Bildschirmfoto 2010-04-22 um 22.08.18.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2010-04-22 um 22.08.18.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 235

Of course, here U go. Be aware: The DSDT.aml is for my i5 with edits for Intel SpeedStep, so you'd have to edit it for your i7, or just take the HDA section of this file and put it in your DSDT.
It works perfectly with my receiver (Denon AVR 1610), music from iTunes is Stereo, XBMC sends 5.1 DolbyDigital (ac3) or DTS.
Maybe the newest Multibeast finally enables optical, but as it works for me, I won't change a thing.

btw I use: 10.6.3 but the 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext

If I'm right, this is the old LegacyHDA_888b.kext from tonymacx86-snowleopard.zip? That DSDT has proper edits for use with this kext.

The new ones in MultiBeast and that are referenced at the front page of this thread do NOT enable Digital outs yet. But they do enable all Analog outputs and headphone switching. There are 2 different DSDT HDEF edits, and 2 different LegacyHDAs. We're still trying to combine the best of both worlds! :)

I'd recommend this solution for anyone who wants digital outs with 888b. Thanks for the up arw.

tonymacx86 said:
If I'm right, this is the old LegacyHDA_888b.kext from tonymacx86-snowleopard.zip? That DSDT has proper edits for use with this kext.

Yes, you're right. I was also using the 5.1 analogue solution, but now, as I own a digital-AVR, the solution above is perfect. The only thing not working is the front-mic.
Good to know you guys are working on the digital-output in Multibeast, but as there is this easy way to enable it, no need to hurry :)

Thanks again to timg, he was the one who advertised me of the two older files.

Hey guys,

I've tried EVERYTHING, and I still can't get my 889a (P55M-UD4) to work without serious lags, pops, static, and dropouts. I had a working system up to a couple of days ago, when I partitioned my drive and installed Windows 7 alongside my working SL install. I tried reformatting my SL partition and reinstalling, tried using timg's kext, re-doing my GigaBeast install, tried removing my /Extra/Extensions folder and rebuilding it, tried changing my smbios.plist to MacPro4,1 and iMac11,1....nothing will get it to work without the pops and lags. I had the problem before, but somehow I was able to fix it last time and now I can't figure it out.

I also, all of a sudden, don't have sleep! What's going on?? I had a perfectly working system!

Here are my specs:

i7 860
P55M-UD4
4GB RAM
GeForce 9800 GT 512MB
pci wifi card

Any help would be amazing....thanks guys....

EDIT:
Also, if it helps, the pops and dropouts often (but not always) accompanied by graphics stutters as well, especially when playing video. That's a new symptom....

EDIT 2:
IT WORKS!!!! I came across this edited DSDT for the UD4 board here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=13501#p13501

Not sure why, but whatever that did fixed all my problems. Sleep, audio...EVERYTHING.
If anyone can tell me WHY that is, that'd be amazing, as I'm curious as to how I can fix these things for myself in the future!

gaswirth said:
IT WORKS!!!! I came across this edited DSDT for the UD4 board here: viewtopic.php?p=13501#p13501
Glad it helped !

Make sure your BIOS settings are as I posted in viewtopic.php?p=13521#p13521

The reasons for your problems are probably a difference in the clean DSDT for your board, which happens to be the same as mine and CakeMonster's, but differ from the original used for the DSDT in the database.

Any updates on front mic connection? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back