Contribute
Register

Leesureone's Gigabyte B550 Elite Ryzentosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Leesureone I have a different motherboard and was wondering what this means, only thing I changed is verbose since it wasn't booting.
Are you trying to use the onboard graphics on the processor? It won’t work, never did and probably never will. You will need to get a supported discreet graphics card to get anywhere Im sorry to say.

Hi,

Same board here, but I'm having issues trying to install both Big Sur and Monterey. Have you been able to install the latest version of Big Sur or Monterey, and if so, would you be willing to share a more recent EFI folder? (I tried this one in the initial post with a few edits, but have had no luck). Also, is your board rev1 or rev2, and which BIOS version are you running? Thanks a bunch!

Actually, scratch that. Finally got it going! For anyone else experiencing issues, my two were that I needed to add ProvideCurrentCpuInfo=True under Kernel -> Quirks and disabling Enable Resize Bar in the bios.

Actually, scratch that. Finally got it going! For anyone else experiencing issues, my two were that I needed to add ProvideCurrentCpuInfo=True under Kernel -> Quirks and disabling Enable Resize Bar in the bios.
Great, I was going to respond and say a lot has changed. I don't have that system anymore but on my Asus B550 Monterey works fine but the new Kernel patches are needed.

I just successfully installed macOS Monterey on my computer. Everything seems to working so far just working on installing Windows 11 to work with Bootcamp.

Specs:
Cpu: AMD 5600G
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX(rev. 1)
GPU: ASUS Strix RX570 OC
RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengence LPX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back