Contribute
Register

Leesureone's Gigabyte B550 Elite Ryzentosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is supposed to be a working EFI for a b450 Tomahawk board.
You're the best! This worked like a charm no issues whatsoever. I'm writing this from my new Ryzen hackintosh. Thank you so much again for your help.

Thanks. All set up as per the guide. I have to say this new Open Core is so much easier than Clover and all that on my previous Intel based systems.

I have never had it this easy with set-ups. They did a good job..
Actually, just as I said it I realised that setting up FileVault caused my audio to go really quiet. :D

Thanks. All set up as per the guide. I have to say this new Open Core is so much easier than Clover and all that on my previous Intel based systems.

I have never had it this easy with set-ups. They did a good job..
The documentation is far superior which is awesome. Its a big change from clover and that throws a lot of people, established and newbies alike especially if they are trying to set up their own EFI folder.

first off, nice build!

i'm planning to build my own around a b550 aorus pro hopefully soon. I would like to check if you may have done adjustments with the Ethernet post installation or did it work right after the installation? Read from other fora that Ethernet adapter may need to be manually configured to 100mbits for it to be detected? The Elite and the Pro, i believe have the same 2.5gbit NiC, iirc.

thank you in advance. :)

first off, nice build!

i'm planning to build my own around a b550 aorus pro hopefully soon. I would like to check if you may have done adjustments with the Ethernet post installation or did it work right after the installation? Read from other fora that Ethernet adapter may need to be manually configured to 100mbits for it to be detected? The Elite and the Pro, i believe have the same 2.5gbit NiC, iirc.

thank you in advance. :)
I didn't have to do anything except make sure that LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext was loading and yes they both have the same Realtek LAN controller. Manually adjusting the speed is easy enough of needed in System Preferences.
If you are planning to run Big Sur you will need to update to OC6.2 or above, add the newer AMD kernel patches and update all kexts. I don't actually have this set up anymore but most AMD configurations are very, very similar.

I didn't have to do anything except make sure that LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext was loading and yes they both have the same Realtek LAN controller. Manually adjusting the speed is easy enough of needed in System Preferences.
If you are planning to run Big Sur you will need to update to OC6.2 or above, add the newer AMD kernel patches and update all kexts. I don't actually have this set up anymore but most AMD configurations are very, very similar.

Thank you for confirming. I already created my EFI folder using OC genX, I understand that the latest one is compatible with OC 0.6.4 already. Just had to tweak the config.plist specific to the board/chipset. Hopefully, I can get my hands on one soon. Thanks again. :)

@Leesureone I have a different motherboard and was wondering what this means, only thing I changed is verbose since it wasn't booting.

Attachments

• 20210910_121414.jpg
    20210910_121414.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 78
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back