2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Note:
  • - MultiBeast 4.10 onward includes the Tweaks listed below. See p3 of the Multibeast Features (guide) PDF included in the zip file.

- MulitBeast 4.2.0 now includes the CMOS reset patch script.

Thus, most of this thread is history.

Here's some of the latest and greatest Tweaks for Sandy Bridge Lion systems from your friendly Moderators. Add the following to your org.chameleon.boot.plist file in /Extra.

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0 npci=0x2000</string>

- darkwake=0 allows one click system wake instead of two clicks via mouse or power button.
- npci=0x2000 fix for "PCI Configuration Begin: error at boot.

<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

- Allows for Native Power Management.

These will eventually be incorporated into MultiBeast. Use the following steps to implement the above:

• - Copy the above into a (TextEdit) .txt file without the comments and save the file;

- Open the /Extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist file in TextEdit;

- Copy and Paste the above into the org.chameleon.boot.plist, being careful not over write any other item;

- Save the org.chameleon.boot.plist file; and

- Reboot.

Make sure that only the 1st three buttons are checked in System Prefs > Energy Saver.

This should help get Sleep/Wake-Up working properly.

You will have to add the above to the org.chameleon.boot.plist after running MultiBeast for the near future.

Awesome. Sleep working with one mouse click on Z68MA-UD3H-D2
Thanks dudre :headbang:

gpfeiffer said:
Would be interested in understanding what adding 'Generate C/PStates' does (relative to omitting it) for a i7 SB system (Z68).

speedstepping

samisnake said:
gpfeiffer said:
Would be interested in understanding what adding 'Generate C/PStates' does (relative to omitting it) for a i7 SB system (Z68).

speedstepping
On my Z68X system, speedstepping works (verified using MSRDumper) as is. Does adding 'Generate C/P States' add anything to it?

Badaboum03 said:
Ain't it wonderful?! :lol: :clap: :headbang:

gpfeiffer said:
samisnake said:
gpfeiffer said:

speedstepping
On my Z68X system, speedstepping works (verified using MSRDumper) as is. Does adding 'Generate C/P States' add anything to it?

This is a sweet fix, can't wait to try it.

Question first:
So do you need 'Generate C/P States' for a Z68 board or not? What is speed stepping? (Aside from a BIOS setting, right?)

And, do you need all three buttons selected? Can it be a combination of the three?

Thanks a ton man... this tweak is amazing :clap: . My system wakes up from sleep in no time.

Thanks for sharing. Cheers! :headbang:

Stork said:
Badaboum03 said:
Ain't it wonderful?! :lol: :clap: :headbang:

So wonderful :headbang:
If you can find how to wake up with the keyboard and don't have to reconnect it everytime, i'll give you a hug :mrgreen:

MMm after using this new tweaks (without the npic=0x2000) i am able to wake form sleep my mackintosh form my Bluetooth connected Apple Trackpad...

AND i didn´t have to unplug keyboard or mouse (if i click with the Apple keyboard or my Razer USB Mouse connected to my keyboard then i have to replug the keyboard to bring things back...) BTW my usb connected web cam is still working after the sleep / wake event.

my usb bluetooth dongle is a belkin one connected in the front panel of my computer.

BTW contrary to my signature I'm not over clocking and I'm running 10.7.2

my Radeon XFX 5770 is recognized as 5700 Radeon series

(but is very fast in Cinebench)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back