Contribute
Register

Latest Tweaks for SB Lion Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I applied your patch in the file o.cb.p. now sleep works fine, but when he awoke he resets the BIOS me any suggestions?, M.y hardware:

GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 F8 Bios
i5 2400
Blue 8GB Ram Corsair Vengeance
Nvidia G210

surfcaster said:
I applied your patch in the file o.cb.p. now sleep works fine, but when he awoke he resets the BIOS me any suggestions?, M.y hardware:

GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 F8 Bios
i5 2400
Nvidia G210
use the perl CMOS reset patch ;

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|; s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

just copy and paste the above code in your terminal screen. This is a single line command which fixes the issue.... read the article for more details.
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=253992

All The Best!

mannvicky said:
surfcaster said:

GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 F8 Bios
i5 2400
Nvidia G210
use the perl CMOS reset patch ;

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|; s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

just copy and paste the above code in your terminal screen. This is a single line command which fixes the issue.... read the article for more details.
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=253992

All The Best!

I have the same problem with a GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3, an i5 2500K, Gigabyte HD 6850. Do I use the same terminal string?

Anyway, thanks for the post, OP. Everything will hopefully be working perfectly soon :D

Adding darkwake=0 makes my computer not boot. Any reason for this?

Speedstepping allows your CPU to work most effectively speed wise and power wise.

HD 3000 onboard graphics are Lion only. For best results use Macmini5,1 smbios, and change onboard RAM shared amount in BIOS to 384 for 4GB and 480 (max) for 8GB+.

Also, if you're getting screen lines and artifacting, try changing the GPU frequency to 1100 instead of auto. Some in this thread also say to set GPU voltage to a standard level as well.

Intel HD 3000 graphics support is still new- even in Macs :D.

Hope this helps!

I'm using the the above information to great success on my Z68 / HD 3000 system.

BTW, I didn't post the Perl CMOS Reset patch in my OP as I hadn't had a problem until my BIOS reset set on me the other day. Then, the "so that's what that's for" realization hit me. I ran it and all is well in the Stork's nest. :thumbup:

I tried these tweaks but it seemed to kill my network. I was not longer able to obtain an IP address from my dhcp server (the ethernet was green, but it failed to get any address).

When I removed these settings everything appeared to return to normal.

Anyone else experience this?

someone help!!! i applied what stork said and this is what my org.chameleon.boot.plist looks like

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>hd(0,2)</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0 npci=0x2000 arch=x86_64</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

but my computer doesn't sleep :banghead: !!! manually making it sleep works but not autosleep... help!!!

Are you running Snow Leopard or Lion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back