Contribute
Register

Largely successful: HP ProBook 470 G0 10.8.5 with ProBook Installer 6.1.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've found this list ftp://www.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp63501-64000/sp63627.html
Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter
Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter
Qualcomm Atheros AR9462 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi Adapter
Qualcomm Atheros AR9565 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter
Qualcomm Atheros AR9380 802.11a/g/n WiFi Adapter
Qualcomm Atheros QCA9565 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter

They are all supported? On Probook 4530s there was random signal dropdowns, I blame Wifi card, so want to try some other models.

I've found this list ftp://www.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp63501-64000/sp63627.html
Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter
Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter
Qualcomm Atheros AR9462 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi Adapter
Qualcomm Atheros AR9565 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter
Qualcomm Atheros AR9380 802.11a/g/n WiFi Adapter
Qualcomm Atheros QCA9565 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter

They are all supported? On Probook 4530s there was random signal dropdowns, I blame Wifi card, so want to try some other models.

No, they are not all supported by OS X. Out of your list above, only the AR9285 and AR9380 are supported (and supposedly only the 9380 full size is supported, not the half mini).

hey can you please help me i have the same laptop but i never get the installer of OS X :(
When i do PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No -x i get the apple screen en then de loading spinnner stops efter few sec
if i do it whitout it i get black sreen
laptop
HP ProBook 470 G0
BIOS F.25
CPU Intel I7 3632QM
RAM 8GB

hey can you please help me i have the same laptop but i never get the installer of OS X :(
When i do PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No -x i get the apple screen en then de loading spinnner stops efter few sec
if i do it whitout it i get black sreen
laptop
HP ProBook 470 G0
BIOS F.25
CPU Intel I7 3632QM
RAM 8GB

Use "IGPEnabler=No -x -v"

Use "IGPEnabler=No -x -v"

first
thanks for quick reply

After he loaded everything (I think) he just restarts

Also, I have not found in the bios option for the switchable graphics :s

first
thanks for quick reply

After he loaded everything (I think) he just restarts

Also, I have not found in the bios option for the switchable graphics :s

I have not heard of auto-restart with that laptop, but it could be lapic panic, which is common on HP laptops, but not usually ProBooks. You could try installing the KernelPatcher module from Chameleon.

Also, you didn't mention Radeon in your specs in post #23. If you don't have Radeon, you won't find an option for it in BIOS.

Also try "dart=0"...

i have finely got into the installer many tanks to RehabMan :D
only trackpad does not work, I hope it works after I installert HP ProBook Installer 6.1

i have finely got into the installer many tanks to RehabMan :D

So what did you have to do/change?

only trackpad does not work, I hope it works after I installert HP ProBook Installer 6.1

Yeah, I don't think the ps2 driver in Multibeast/Unibeast works very well with newer hardware/Mavericks. But the ps2 drivers you end up with after the Probook Installer are much updated...

option for the switchable graphics and IGPEnabler=No -x -v :)

option for the switchable graphics and IGPEnabler=No -x -v :)

Ah...

So Radeon being on causes instant reboot... That is not the case for the other ProBooks, BTW... leaving Radeon on just causes black screen. Must be the G0 has a different Radeon (newer) that causes issues w/ the OS X drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back