Contribute
Register

Laptop Screen Display Issues When Booting With Intel Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installing the kexts correctly allowed me to create my AppleIntelFramebuffer_6_16.0 dump. I followed the guide to the best of my ability and now I show 2048mb if Vram. Also, my laptop screen is no longer functioning or visible in system preferences/display, and I only can use my top screen (external monitor). I will upload everything I now have, as I am not sure what may help troubleshoot. I want to thank you again for taking the time to help me!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 11.12.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 11.12.11 PM.png
    96.9 KB · Views: 39
  • AppleIntelFramebuffer_6_16.0.zip
    591.9 KB · Views: 49
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 63
  • debug_12018.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_5759.jpg
    IMG_5759.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 48
Installing the kexts correctly allowed me to create my AppleIntelFramebuffer_6_16.0 dump.

Note that the dump is also in ioreg under the IOResources/WhateverGreen node.

I followed the guide to the best of my ability and now I show 2048mb if Vram.

Not a necessary/recommended patch, but ok.

Also, my laptop screen is no longer functioning or visible in system preferences/display,

If it was working before, undo whatever change you made that broke it.

If you're trying to implement 128mb DVMT patches (assuming you set DVMT-prealloc to 128mb), look at the patches in my config_UHD.plist in my y50 github project.

Using the latest clover was what was making my laptop screen not work, now the only plist file that will get my bottom screen to load is the config_UHD.plist file from your get hub. All other .plist files that worked with the older version of clover now will not show an image on the bottom screen. I still need an external display to boot, but with the config_UHD.plist from your gethub I am able to boot with both displays working at the same time. The second I unplug the monitor, the laptop screen no longer works. It feels like I am back to square one! augh

Using the latest clover was what was making my laptop screen not work, now the only plist file that will get my bottom screen to load is the config_UHD.plist file from your get hub. All other .plist files that worked with the older version of clover now will not show an image on the bottom screen. I still need an external display to boot, but with the config_UHD.plist from your gethub I am able to boot with both displays working at the same time. The second I unplug the monitor, the laptop screen no longer works. It feels like I am back to square one! augh

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

What do you mean by "get my bottom screen to load"?

the bottom screen (my laptop screen) will not load or boot into the os, as in the picture below. It has something to do with the updated clover, as that is the only thing I changed. I am able to get it to boot into the os with the config file you recommended, but it has many graphical glitches, and I am not able to boot into the os without the external monitor attached. I will link a picture so you can see what I mean.

Attachments

• debug_10197.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_5759.jpg
    IMG_5759.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 43
the bottom screen (my laptop screen) will not load or boot into the os, as in the picture below. It has something to do with the updated clover, as that is the only thing I changed. I am able to get it to boot into the os with the config file you recommended, but it has many graphical glitches, and I am not able to boot into the os without the external monitor attached. I will link a picture so you can see what I mean.

To use the settings in config_UHD.plist, you *must* set DVMT-prealloc to 128mb.

To use the settings in config_UHD.plist, you *must* set DVMT-prealloc to 128mb.
I believe that I have done so ? I posted it previously in the chat ?

I posted it previously in the chat ?

No idea what you're referring to.

And if you have an issue you must provide details and problem reporting files as per FAQ.

So I have Finally made some progress. I was able to use the computer without the external display. It was a somewhat strange workaround. I Downloaded an app off the App Store, called display menu. I found out that the problem wasn't that my display wasn't detected, but couldn't work with 4k. I found out that if I set my laptop display to 720p it would work just fine. I am currently using the most up to date clover, LULU and Whatevergreen, and the config file for UDH for the Lenore Y50 that you suggested. I could finish now, as it is functional, but I am curious to know if this information helps shed some light on what the problem may be?

So I have Finally made some progress. I was able to use the computer without the external display. It was a somewhat strange workaround. I Downloaded an app off the App Store, called display menu. I found out that the problem wasn't that my display wasn't detected, but couldn't work with 4k. I found out that if I set my laptop display to 720p it would work just fine. I am currently using the most up to date clover, LULU and Whatevergreen, and the config file for UDH for the Lenore Y50 that you suggested. I could finish now, as it is functional, but I am curious to know if this information helps shed some light on what the problem may be?

4k Haswell requires DVMT-prealloc at least 128mb and framebuffer patches to match.
Look at the Lenovo Y50 guide/config_UHD.plist for ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back