CPU
i9-9980HK
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out what needs to be done. So I was resently able to make intel graphics work with full QE/CI 1536MB by putting together a clover EFI I stole from a similar Alienware computer and using the config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist from RehabMan. The strange thing is that when I boot, injecting intel graphics my computer will only reach the desktop when a secondary display is attached. If the secondary display is attached, I am able to use the second display with integrated graphics, but my laptop display has so many glitches and black flickers that it is unusable. if I boot without injecting intel graphics, then my laptop screen will boot fine, but I am not able to detect the second display, and I will only have 32mb of ram. Strangly, without intel graphics I am able to use the laptop display in 4k, with minimal issue, besides the fact that I have no graphics.

I took to the forums and found out that this issue normally a problem with EDID, and fixing the incorrect serialization would fix my issue. So I worked and worked on trying to fix it with the DarwinDumper and FixEDID application with no luck. I then found a post where I could find my EDID values in terminal with ioreg -l. I used this command both with and without injecting intel graphics and the values were the same, so I no longer believe that EDID issues are to blame.

When I boot without injecting intel graphics, in the system settings, I am given little options and my display is reconginsed as "display". When I inject intel however, the display settings show that I am using a "built in retina display".
At the same menu, I am able to change the display optimization with the "optimized for" drop down menu. if I select the optimize for my second display "labeled E19" then the graphical glitches on my laptop screen go away and I can use both screens perfectly fine. The problem is that I am not always attached to my second display, and without it I can not boot.

Does anybody know what is causing this? or how I can change the optimizations that are being preformed for the "built in retnia display, so that my laptop screen does not freak out. I have attached my clover folder below, and I am willing to upload whatever els could be needed to help

extra info
Alienware clover folder I started with
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...tan-install-mac-sierra-success.183018/page-60

System version (Sierra 10.12.0)
Nvidia Drivers (not installed, Can not get them to work, Maxwell 970m)
EDID Info extracted- attached below
Clover folder- attached below

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 59
  • EDID INFO.txt
    5.3 KB · Views: 92
Hello, I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out what needs to be done. So I was resently able to make intel graphics work with full QE/CI 1536MB by putting together a clover EFI I stole from a similar Alienware computer and using the config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist from RehabMan. The strange thing is that when I boot, injecting intel graphics my computer will only reach the desktop when a secondary display is attached. If the secondary display is attached, I am able to use the second display with integrated graphics, but my laptop display has so many glitches and black flickers that it is unusable. if I boot without injecting intel graphics, then my laptop screen will boot fine, but I am not able to detect the second display, and I will only have 32mb of ram. Strangly, without intel graphics I am able to use the laptop display in 4k, with minimal issue, besides the fact that I have no graphics.

I took to the forums and found out that this issue normally a problem with EDID, and fixing the incorrect serialization would fix my issue. So I worked and worked on trying to fix it with the DarwinDumper and FixEDID application with no luck. I then found a post where I could find my EDID values in terminal with ioreg -l. I used this command both with and without injecting intel graphics and the values were the same, so I no longer believe that EDID issues are to blame.

When I boot without injecting intel graphics, in the system settings, I am given little options and my display is reconginsed as "display". When I inject intel however, the display settings show that I am using a "built in retina display".
At the same menu, I am able to change the display optimization with the "optimized for" drop down menu. if I select the optimize for my second display "labeled E19" then the graphical glitches on my laptop screen go away and I can use both screens perfectly fine. The problem is that I am not always attached to my second display, and without it I can not boot.

Does anybody know what is causing this? or how I can change the optimizations that are being preformed for the "built in retnia display, so that my laptop screen does not freak out. I have attached my clover folder below, and I am willing to upload whatever els could be needed to help

extra info
Alienware clover folder I started with
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...tan-install-mac-sierra-success.183018/page-60

System version (Sierra 10.12.0)
Nvidia Drivers (not installed, Can not get them to work, Maxwell 970m)
EDID Info extracted- attached below
Clover folder- attached below

Your profile is missing important details (screen resolution, for example).
Please fix as per FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Also, be sure to read the FAQ regarding 4k displays. If you have 4k on Haswell, you have some serious patching to do...

I have updated my profile (I Hope I did it right), and yes I do have a 4k display with Haswell. I am using whatevergreen.kext and lilu.kext with -cdfon.

Trust me, this project has been a nightmare, but I am working hard to figure it out. What patches do I need to use? Intel framebuffer? DSDT SSDT?

I have updated my profile (I Hope I did it right), and yes I do have a 4k display with Haswell. I am using whatevergreen.kext and lilu.kext with -cdfon.

Trust me, this project has been a nightmare, but I am working hard to figure it out. What patches do I need to use? Intel framebuffer? DSDT SSDT?

Haswell 4k requires DVMT-prealloc of at least 128mb and framebuffer patching to match.
So your first hurdle is to find a way to change DVMT-prealloc.

So from what I understand, I can either try to decompile and flash my bios, because it's not an option that I am given, or I could use this IntelDMVTfixup.kext which would bipass the check for it? The forum that I found siad that the second is not recommend because updates could break this, but I do not wish to update, and I don't feel comfortable flashing my bios. Am I on the right track?

https://www.google.es/amp/s/amp.***...ssible_to_change_dvmtprealloc_values_without/

So from what I understand, I can either try to decompile and flash my bios, because it's not an option that I am given, or I could use this IntelDMVTfixup.kext which would bipass the check for it? The forum that I found siad that the second is not recommend because updates could break this, but I do not wish to update, and I don't feel comfortable flashing my bios. Am I on the right track?

https://www.google.es/amp/s/amp.***...ssible_to_change_dvmtprealloc_values_without/

Patching the framebuffer for smaller DVMT-prealloc is not an option.

I am not getting this ? Maybe its the wording? Do I or do I not have to manually extract my bios, and force a 128 DVMT prealloc, is there another method? I understand that whatevergreen has the IntelDMVTfixup.kext Intergreated with it, which i understand to fix the issues that I would have with the DVMT prealloc?

Whatever has to be done, please link me to a guide.

Sorry for being a noob

I am not getting this ? Maybe its the wording? Do I or do I not have to manually extract my bios, and force a 128 DVMT prealloc, is there another method? I understand that whatevergreen has the IntelDMVTfixup.kext Intergreated with it, which i understand to fix the issues that I would have with the DVMT prealloc?

Whatever has to be done, please link me to a guide.

Sorry for being a noob

First step is to set DVMT prealloc to a larger value.
Second step is to patch the framebuffer to match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back