Contribute
Register

Laptop does not recognize unibeast flash drive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I'll give all those a go and tell you what works. Also, when I'm all done, do I run multibeast to finish installing things but just don't install its boot loader and instead use clover? And I'm going to bed now so I'll try these things tomorrow!

Thanks, I'll give all those a go and tell you what works. Also, when I'm all done, do I run multibeast to finish installing things but just don't install its boot loader and instead use clover? And I'm going to bed now so I'll try these things tomorrow!

There isn't much in Multibeast for laptops. It is more of a desktop tool.

OK 0xa160000 kind-of works. It boots to the same problem BUT when you hold the power button for a second or two the screen goes black. Click the power again, and everything is up and running quite well! None of the other ids worked better than that one. Any idea as to why that happens?

OK 0xa160000 kind-of works. It boots to the same problem BUT when you hold the power button for a second or two the screen goes black. Click the power again, and everything is up and running quite well! None of the other ids worked better than that one. Any idea as to why that happens?

Power button held down 1-2 sec is "display sleep" (to be followed by sleep ~15 sec later). So a display sleep/wake is fixing the graphics problem. Upon wake from display sleep, the system re-initializes the graphics hardware which fixes the problem. It is likely something that will be solved by some of the other graphics fixes you'll be implementing post-install (such as backlight control).

Ah, okay cool, thanks. So any advice for post install? I found working Ethernet, touchpad, and audio. But I need WiFi, screen brightness, keyboard backlight, and battery indicator. Those are the only ones I think. Along with those should I install anything else for performance, battery, etc?

Ah, okay cool, thanks. So any advice for post install? I found working Ethernet, touchpad, and audio. But I need WiFi, screen brightness, keyboard backlight, and battery indicator. Those are the only ones I think. Along with those should I install anything else for performance, battery, etc?

WiFi: Depends on having compatible hardware. Use DPCIManager->PCI List to find out what you have. Compatible chipsets and the procedures for making them work are covered here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/146870-guide-native-power-management-laptops.html

As you can see, these are all sticky threads at the top of (two different) forums. You might want to read some of the material available to you.

well unfortunatley it looks like i have an AR9485 Qualcomm Atheros, which isn't supported at all. I am willing to purchase a new card, though. What would you recommend I get? I want it to fit inside, so nothing external. Needs to work with Yosemite, Windows 8, and Ubuntu... Any ideas?

well unfortunatley it looks like i have an AR9485 Qualcomm Atheros, which isn't supported at all. I am willing to purchase a new card, though. What would you recommend I get? I want it to fit inside, so nothing external. Needs to work with Yosemite, Windows 8, and Ubuntu... Any ideas?

Read at link in post #46.

Ok, so ill just buy a new card. So now i'm focusing on brightness and and battery. It looks like the best way to fix those is by patching your DSDT/SSDT. I'm about to delve into learning how via your guides but I just want to make sure of one thing first. Will patching these affect all oses, including the bios? Or is it just a Mac OS X thing? If it does effect other oses, will it make them not function correctly? How dangerous is the patching? Thanks

OK well now I've learned that that last post was kind of stupid... Anyways I went through with the brightness control guide, and it didn't work... Keep in mind that I haven't installed clover to my HDD, I've just been using my USB as I'm figuring out what to patch before I do it final. That may be a problem? I used the haswell patch to patch the ssdt that had "name (_ADR, 0x0002000" in it, which was SSDT-3 for me. Then exported as an aml. Then I put that file and dsdt.aml into efi/clover/acpi/patched. Then I applied the kext.

Did I do anything wrong? Is there a way to see if my patch was even loaded correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back