Contribute
Register

Laptop does not recognize unibeast flash drive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clover. Alright let me completely re do my USB. I used the config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist Should I use a different one? I'm using a 1080p screen, my processor has intel 4400 graphics and a geforce 745m card

That is the correct config.plist. But it must be placed at EFI/Clover/config.plist. (eg. put in EFI/Clover folder and renamed to config.plist).

You may also need to experiment with different ig-platform-id values as is described in the guide (0xa26000a would be one to try). Sometimes the screen you see will be fixed by a "display sleep/wake" cycle (closing/opening the lid).

Note: The nvidia doesn't matter as the drivers are disabled with nv_disable=1 and it won't work on OS X anyway. That's assuming you actually have Intel HD graphics *and* nVidia (currently your profile specifies only nVidia, but I'm not sure that is accurate -- you should verify). It is the first part of the guide... "Know your hardware".

Thanks. Currently I'm in the middle of the create install media method. I used the id you gave me in the config plist. And yes, sorry I do have Intel graphics *and* nvidia graphics. Forgot to put that in my profile.

Oh and I just remembered I forgot to disable virtualization! And possibly some other bios settings.... Whoops. Hopefully I'll get it right this time

Oh and I just remembered I forgot to disable virtualization! And possibly some other bios settings.... Whoops. Hopefully I'll get it right this time

Virtualization is fine. It is VT-d that causes problems... but it is avoided by dropping DMAR or using dart=0. The config.plist files in my repo do both.

How long does createinstalmedia take on average? Its been about 50 minutes for me so far, still on copying files to disk

EDIT: wow spoke too soon. Done now

How long does createinstalmedia take on average? Its been about 50 minutes for me so far, still on copying files to disk

EDIT: wow spoke too soon. Done now

On USB2 it does take a while... much faster on USB3.

Ugh i still have the same problem as before. Any other advice?

Ugh i still have the same problem as before. Any other advice?

Did you try the solutions I suggested last time? There are more things you can do, but I'm not going to bother mentioning them until you've tried what is already in the guide and what I've already written.

I tried opening and closing the lid, and the id you gave me. I'll try out some more ids now. Any that you think would work?

I tried opening and closing the lid, and the id you gave me. I'll try out some more ids now. Any that you think would work?

Try the other ids (mentioned in the guide). You can also try setting the ScreenResolution to your native panel resolution. For that, you need to modify the config.plist (GUI/ScreenResolution). See Clover wiki: http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/GUI#ScreenResolution

Make sure you use a plist editor when changing config.plist (xcode, PlistEdit Pro).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back