Contribute
Register

Laptop Compatibility

Yeah tried DW1820A M.2 NGFF card. No luck with that. Sent it back and just got the DW1560 M/2 NGFF today for $50. So far everything is working. Bluetooth, Airdrop, Wifi, Handoff (having hard time figuring out how to properly use it), Sidecar all working on my MSI GF63 Thin 9SC-257 I converted to a MacBook Pro with Catalina 10.15.3.
Can you point to some page that describes how you configured the DW1560?
I had problem with Bluetooth. It was present but it didn't pair and work well.

Can you point to some page that describes how you configured the DW1560?
I had problem with Bluetooth. It was present but it didn't pair and work well.
make sure you have done:

usb setup guide:

make sure you have done:

usb setup guide:
USB is perfectly visible, all the ports have been mapped. Bluetooth appears correctly. It just simply doesn't pair.

Has anyone tried the latest beta version on a i7-10710U? I was going to but have been crazy busy with my university studies and have not had time yet.

Has anyone tried the new beta with any processor that did not work before? Some i5 and i7‘s wouldn’t run before.
I'm waiting for the 15.4 official release, don't have time to be screwing around with it just in case it's not fully implemented yet.

Im kinda confused with the recent leaks pointing at a i7-1068NG7 ice Lake processor for the new MacBook. I think I’m gonna jump ship and order a Lenovo s940 and stick with it. Were there any recent consumer processors that could not be spoofed in the end?

I've ordered an MSI Prestige 15 and a DW1820A to use with it (you can change the WiFi/BT module on the Prestige, it is not soldered). This laptop has an i7-10710u, a processor that is not supported yet. As soon as 10.15.4 get a public release, I'll be experimenting with it. For what I know so far, Whatevergreen got an update to solve some problems with Ice Lake processors. Same for some other kexts, so I think it will work. If I can't make it work, I'm sure I'll be able to soon.

I'm in the same exact boat with my prestige 15, I'm going to use a
Broadcom BCM94360NG for wifi though. Much better for wifi. No kexts at all required and everything works out of the box that way,

I'm in the same exact boat with my prestige 15, I'm going to use a
Broadcom BCM94360NG for wifi though. Much better for wifi. No kexts at all required and everything works out of the box that way,
I know about the better compatibility of that card. I also have two DW1560. But I decided to try with DW1820A because it has better BT, and faster WiFi. Supposedly, it only needs a couple of kexts and a patch. Nothing too crazy.

Back