Contribute
Register

Laptop Compatibility

Hey Guys,
could u recommend me a laptop for el capitan? I bit tired to search for a good laptop to suit hacintoshing....:)

It depends a lot on your requirements.

Read the FAQ. Find a laptop with a well written guide.

Just curious. What are the technical challenges in making technologies like optimus work on laptops? Drivers? Kernel support?

And thanks for your great work!

Just curious. What are the technical challenges in making technologies like optimus work on laptops? Drivers? Kernel support?

And thanks for your great work!

It would require kext(s) to be developed. Unfortunately, the software interfaces, if they exist, are not documented.

hello, i'm digital artist and was recommended to use a mac OS because -as far as i've been told it's more stable -
and i use a
Dell Inspiron 15 3521 :
8GB RAM (DDR3) 2 Slots
And Intel Core i5-3317U CPU @ 1.70GHz
And Intel HD Graphics 4000 &
AMD Radeon HD 7670M 1GB Each

And Honestly I'm not that sort of techie to give more details :$ .. anyways does these specs work with a El Capitan without any major problems? and also, since i don't have any sort of access to any MAC machine where i come from - egypt- windows rules here! because it's less expensive .. :$ so i've found a version on one of the t*****t download sites and not sure if that might work and one little silly question .. do i have to format my entire internal hard drive to set it up or is there any other way to format a specific partition?
thanks in advance :D

Last edited by a moderator:
hello, i'm digital artist and was recommended to use a mac OS because -as far as i've been told it's more stable -
and i use a
Dell Inspiron 15 3521 :
8GB RAM (DDR3) 2 Slots
And Intel Core i5-3317U CPU @ 1.70GHz
And Intel HD Graphics 4000 &
AMD Radeon HD 7670M 1GB Each

And Honestly I'm not that sort of techie to give more details :$ .. anyways does these specs work with a El Capitan without any major problems? and also, since i don't have any sort of access to any MAC machine where i come from - egypt- windows rules here! because it's less expensive .. :$ so i've found a version on one of the t*****t download sites and not sure if that might work and one little silly question .. do i have to format my entire internal hard drive to set it up or is there any other way to format a specific partition?
thanks in advance :D

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

thanks for the quick reply! .. but does that OS version from the t*****t website is it ok to go with it ? or do i have to scavenge for a MAC machine? also which is better Yosemite or El Capitan .. and does the Yosemite boot without problems on a 8GB flash drive? sorry i ask a lot .. i'm a bit of a noob when it comes to these stuff :$
thanks again :)

thanks for the quick reply! .. but does that OS version from the t*****t website is it ok to go with it ? or do i have to scavenge for a MAC machine? also which is better Yosemite or El Capitan .. and does the Yosemite boot without problems on a 8GB flash drive? sorry i ask a lot .. i'm a bit of a noob when it comes to these stuff :$
thanks again :)

Please read the rules: http://www.tonymacx86.com/rules/

"This site does not condone piracy or the use of illegally acquired software. Any use, discussion, links to or mentions of a pre-built VM, t*****t, distribution, downloaded, copied, cloned, hacked or modified installer of the operating system will result in an instant ban and account deletion. Piracy is ILLEGAL and NOT TOLERATED."

And Yosemite is not available anymore from the MAS unless you downloaded it previously.

Can anyone recommend a laptop with a high degree of compatibility with OSX. Around the £500 mark. A nice aluminium case would be nice.

Back