Contribute
Register

Laptop Compatibility

its maybe offtopic but what is the best working hackintosh ultrabook with long battery life?

It should be cheap with keyboard backlit and working wifi.

WOW! I tried for like a month to get my Toshiba to work. No luck, had I read this first ... would have saved me a really long head ache. Thanks for the information. SMH ... the things we find when we read .... should have started here first.

Good Day to everyone.
I would like to knowing how i can identify the version of my CPU ( Is there any application that i need to run or from the control panel it can be identified?
If so from the control panel i get that the model is Intel i5 M450 2.40GHz and regarding the chipset On control Panel/system devices i get the Intel 5 Series /3400 series.
I would like to knowing also if the El Capitan version will run properly with the above CPU (if it is Compatible),
ATI Mobility HD4500,
4 GB DDR3 Ram
Atheros AR8158 PCIe Fast Ethernet controller
Broadcom 802.11n Wireless adapter
Conexant CX20587 HD Audio Adapter & AMD HD Audio (Probably combined with VGA Card for the HDMI Out)

Thanks in advance.

Good Day to everyone.
I would like to knowing how i can identify the version of my CPU ( Is there any application that i need to run or from the control panel it can be identified?
If so from the control panel i get that the model is Intel i5 M450 2.40GHz and regarding the chipset On control Panel/system devices i get the Intel 5 Series /3400 series.
I would like to knowing also if the El Capitan version will run properly with the above CPU (if it is Compatible),
ATI Mobility HD4500,
4 GB DDR3 Ram
Atheros AR8158 PCIe Fast Ethernet controller
Broadcom 802.11n Wireless adapter
Conexant CX20587 HD Audio Adapter & AMD HD Audio (Probably combined with VGA Card for the HDMI Out)

Thanks in advance.

You already identified your CPU.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Thank you for the reply.
I will follow the guide and revert with results.

Hello! I am looking for a max compatibility laptop preferably 15.6" to use for Xcode programming so no need dedicated gpu and good audio. And I think with 4 gb ram it will be enough. I read that hp probook 30s and 40s are recommended but there are many versions of these series (i3,i5) etc. I want to run el capitain. Any specific model or another laptop to check?
Thanks in advance!

Hello! I am looking for a max compatibility laptop preferably 15.6" to use for Xcode programming so no need dedicated gpu and good audio. And I think with 4 gb ram it will be enough. I read that hp probook 30s and 40s are recommended but there are many versions of these series (i3,i5) etc. I want to run el capitain. Any specific model or another laptop to check?
Thanks in advance!

ProBook 4540s (with Ivy Bridge Core i-series CPU) sounds like it would meet your needs.

Back