Contribute
Register

Laptop Compatibility

hi
i want to buy a laptop for hackintosh.
HP Pavilion 15-r256ne is a good laptop with a fair(low) price. is it Compatibility with hackintosh?

HP Pavilion 15-r256ne info:
Intel Core i3 4005U 1.70 GHz
4gb ddr3
500gb hdd
NVIDIA GeForce 820M 2GB
15.6 TFT LED-backlit LCD 1366x768
DVD-RW Webcam Card Reader Wi-Fi Ethernet Port VGA Port HDMI Port

and what is your suggest with: intel i3 - 4gbram - 500gb or 1tr hdd. for fully support hackintosh?(wifi-tochpad ...)

If it has HD4400, it should be supported. If it is Nvidia only, don't know.

It is likely Nvidia+Intel.

Read FAQ for more caveats: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

what is your suggest with: intel i3 - 4gbram - 500gb or 1tr hdd. for fully support hackintosh?(wifi-tochpad ...)

The CPU you list is supported. 4gb RAM vs. more is personal choice. 500gb/1TB is personal choice.

WiFi/trackpad issues discussed in FAQ.

The CPU you list is supported. 4gb RAM vs. more is personal choice. 500gb/1TB is personal choice.

WiFi/trackpad issues discussed in FAQ.

ok
Give me a laptop brand and model Suggest. if you can.
thanks

Hi RehabMan,

I've read through the laptop FAQ. In case there's anything I've missed- I plan to get the Lenovo E450. It has:

• i5 5500U (unknown Intel chipset)
  • Intel 5500 (I think) & R7 260M (1920x1080)
  • I have the compatible WIFI card from my current build to use

Are there any foreseeable issues there?

Hi RehabMan,

I've read through the laptop FAQ. In case there's anything I've missed- I plan to get the Lenovo E450. It has:

• i5 5500U (unknown Intel chipset)
  • Intel 5500 (I think) & R7 260M (1920x1080)
  • I have the compatible WIFI card from my current build to use

Are there any foreseeable issues there?

Issue will be whether you can change DVMT-prealloc (easily or at all). You should check into that.

Issue will be whether you can change DVMT-prealloc (easily or at all). You should check into that.
I read on your post about the Yoga (post #125):

"You do not need to do this if you have the 1080p display. The requirement for DVMT modification is only for QHD displays"

The E450 will have a 1080p display. Does this mean I'm likely to be safe? Is there any way I can find out? Doesn't seem like any users have tried before.

I read on your post about the Yoga (post #125):

"You do not need to do this if you have the 1080p display. The requirement for DVMT modification is only for QHD displays"

The E450 will have a 1080p display. Does this mean I'm likely to be safe? Is there any way I can find out? Doesn't seem like any users have tried before.

The link you provide is in regards to Haswell hardware.

Broadwell is different.

Back