Contribute
Register

Laptop Compatibility

Okay, Lenovo Yoga c640 i7-10510U 16GB:

Tried ALL different aptiofixes including low memory and ocquirks (with mmio flag), all end up at End RandomSeed ++++.
Tried the XiaoXinPro Clover files, ends with a black screen after choosing the install partition in clover.

A lot of these new laptops come with Intel Optane drives and Optane drives aren't supported. If you add flag nvme=-1 you can test without having to remove the drive (but macOS won't see the drive). My guess is it's not as simple as that, but I thought I'd pass it on because the last 3 laptops I bought all had Optane drives.

A lot of these new laptops come with Intel Optane drives and Optane drives aren't supported. If you add flag nvme=-1 you can test without having to remove the drive (but macOS won't see the drive). My guess is it's not as simple as that, but I thought I'd pass it on because the last 3 laptops I bought all had Optane drives.

Weirdly the HP Envy 13 i7-10510u had an optane drive which could be switched off in the bios if i remember correctly.
And I could install and run macOS on that one. :crazy:

Weirdly the HP Envy 13 i7-10510u had an optane drive which could be switched off in the bios if i remember correctly.
And I could install and run macOS on that one. :crazy:
I've been trying to get a hold of you- I bought an HP Spectre x360 4k 2n1 with the same processor as you i7-10510u. Could you post your EFI folder for your HP Envy (besides the 4k I'm sure it's very similar)? Also- on your Envy, was your BIOS very limited? On the Spectre there are very few choices and no Advanced section. I've been trying to figure out how to dump it, but HP made it very difficult.

I've been trying to get a hold of you- I bought an HP Spectre x360 4k 2n1 with the same processor as you i7-10510u. Could you post your EFI folder for your HP Envy (besides the 4k I'm sure it's very similar)? Also- on your Envy, was your BIOS very limited? On the Spectre there are very few choices and no Advanced section. I've been trying to figure out how to dump it, but HP made it very difficult.
I've posted my clover here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/wip-catalina-on-hp-envy-13-10th-gen-i7-10510u.288280/
Bios is extremely limited, but just turning secure boot off did the trick for me.

I've posted my clover here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/wip-catalina-on-hp-envy-13-10th-gen-i7-10510u.288280/
Bios is extremely limited, but just turning secure boot off did the trick for me.
Thank you. I'm surprised you discontinued your build. I did try that EFI folder already, but didn't spend much time with it before I had to ship it off for warranty. I'll have it back soon. I hope someone can figure out how to dump these BIOS ROMs. I have a programmer friend who can unlock them and tweak them, but none of that matters if we can't dump them.

Nah the problem isn't the optane drive. My msi prestige doesn't have an optane drive. You can't even boot the USB installer.

Nah the problem isn't the optane drive. My msi prestige doesn't have an optane drive. You can't even boot the USB installer.
We need to wait to someone to fix the memory problem or just surrender lmao

We need to wait to someone to fix the memory problem or just surrender lmao
Yeah I just keep checking this sub and r/hackintosh every day lmao.

Back