Contribute
Register

Laptop Compatibility

I don't remember the details but it's what I read in the Sierra Laptop Support and High Sierra Laptop Support forums. If it's clean it's OK for me. ;-) Do you prefer Mojave over Sierras?
My concern is with the USB ports and stuff like LAN through an adpater as well as the SD card reader.
Nick

I don't remember the details but it's what I read in the Sierra Laptop Support and High Sierra Laptop Support forums. If it's clean it's OK for me. ;-) Do you prefer Mojave over Sierras?
My concern is with the USB ports and stuff like LAN through an adpater as well as the SD card reader.
Nick
no idea then...

i am on Catalina which seems fine on my laptop

you can use hackintool to setup your usb ports

Hackintool:

or another usb setup guide:

I'll go for it.

It has a reputation of being difficult for a not very savvy like me.
I'll try anyway.
Nick
most easiest way possible using hackintool to setup your ports :)

OK. Thanks. And what about RJ45 (via an adapter), SD card reader and connection to an external monitor via USB-C/DisplayPort?
Nick

OK. Thanks. And what about RJ45 (via an adapter), SD card reader and connection to an external monitor via USB-C/DisplayPort?
Nick
the faq has links that may help you, open a new thread with your issues and your problem reporting files

also read the faq regarding hardware profile setup

OK. Thanks for your insight.
Nick

I currently have an MSI Prestige 15 with a Coffee Lake 10710u processor, intel UHD 620 and a GTX 1650 MAX Q. I have been trying to hackintosh it using the download from the web recovery image method but keep running into allocation errors on startup (among other things.) I've been using the rehabman config for UHD 630 graphics.

I'm not looking for specific tech support, but should this at least be possible in theory? And is the UHD 630 config the right choice or should I be looking elsewhere?

I'm happy to troubleshoot it a lot myself but I just want to make sure I'm not banging my head against a wall here.

Thanks!

I currently have an MSI Prestige 15 with a Coffee Lake 10710u processor, intel UHD 620 and a GTX 1650 MAX Q. I have been trying to hackintosh it using the download from the web recovery image method but keep running into allocation errors on startup (among other things.) I've been using the rehabman config for UHD 630 graphics.

I'm not looking for specific tech support, but should this at least be possible in theory? And is the UHD 630 config the right choice or should I be looking elsewhere?

I'm happy to troubleshoot it a lot myself but I just want to make sure I'm not banging my head against a wall here.

Thanks!

10710u is comet lake and therefore not documented yet. I had the same error with the Ice Lake i7-1065g7, no aptio fix seems to work. Dump your memory map via the efi shell and see if there are available sectors that would work. There is a guide that you can find by searching "understanding_and_fixing_couldnt_allocate_runtime" Waiting for my new dell inspiron 7391 to be delivered, until then I can not experiment with anything.

Back