Contribute
Register

Laptop Compatibility

hi guys,
i'm trying to understand if my HP 14-ce0988nl is compatible but i didn't find any guide or info about it on the net, is there anyone who has already done it? also if a similar model (motherboard HP 84B9). thanks in advance

Hi
Manufacturer & Model: MSI MS16J6
Detailed CPU model: Intel Core i5 6300HQ
Graphics Devices: HD Graphics 530 & Nvidia GeForce 940MX
Networking Devices: AC 3165 & AR8171 / 8175
Disk and Ram: 1TB HDD & 8GB DDR4 1067MHz

compatible with MacOs?

Can you please recommend a laptop for running video editing applications like FCPX .I would like to install hackintosh on a laptop and use it mainly for editing purpose. Thanks for your post

What is the current status on Ice Lake based laptops? Im currently looking to update and would wait for 1 to 2 weeks to get my hands on an ice lake laptop. Apart from the new CPU and GPU, would thunderbolt integration work? Wifi will probably be a problem too, unless I use a usb dongle.

What is the current status on Ice Lake based laptops?
10th gen Ice Lake CPUs have never been used in any Macbook model yet so no idea if they would work. They are built on the new 10nm process not 14nm which means a completely new chipset. They will have Intel Wifi 6, USB 4 and integrated Thunderbolt. Way too early to try and hackintosh one. Don't think it would work. We still don't know till October whether Catalina will allow 3rd party kexts to load. That is no minor obstacle. Open Core bootloader will need to be used and that is still a work in progress. It's going to take some patience on your part.

Last edited:
How can I find out which series is my 4th generation i7 processor. Because I don't know if it's Kaby Lake, Skylake or Broadwell?

How can I find out which series is my 4th generation i7 processor. Because I don't know if it's Kaby Lake, Skylake or Broadwell?

4th gen should tell you it’s Haswell.
HD 4600 graphics in most cases.

Back