Contribute
Register

Laptop Compatibility

Nothing unusual there.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Thanks! I’ve ordered the laptop.

RehabMan, I just wanted to express my appreciation for all your work on getting OSX to run on Probooks. I have had an HP Probook 4530s for several years that I bought expressly to run OSX. I started with Lion, updated to Mountain Lion, then to Mavericks...which I have been running since your help was available to get it installed and running. I knew I was way behind, but Mavericks was so stable, I just didn't want to mess it up. Well, this last week I begin to "test" install Yosemite and was able to successfully install it. I used it for several days and then decided well there's no time like the present and attempted an update to El Capitan. I was surprised, but after several failed reboots, it installed, of course I had to use your patches, kexts and install scripts and finally had everything working. I pondered it a few days and then decided to try a High Sierra upgrade. The upgrade was successful and by using all your tools, I was able to get everything working. I won't kid you, when I started the process, I was afraid I would end up with a nonworking installation, but with your guides and tools, I was able to "get" it done. Thank you so much for all your hard work and time that you have invested so that the rest of us could enjoy running OSX.

Last edited:
RehabMan, I just wanted to express my appreciation for all your work on getting OSX to run on Probooks. I have had an HP Probook 4530s for several years that I bought expressly to run OSX. I started with Lion, updated to Mountain Lion, then to Mavericks...which I have been running since your help was available to get it installed and running. I knew I was way behind, but Mavericks was so stable, I just didn't want to mess it up. Well, this last week I begin to "test" install Yosemite and was able to successfully install it. I used it for several days and then decided well there's no time like the present and attempted an update to El Capitan. I was surprised, but after several failed reboots, it installed, of course I had to use your patches, kexts and install scripts and finally had everything working. I pondered it a few days and then decided to try a High Sierra upgrade. The upgrade was successful and by using all your tools, I was able to get everything working. I won't kid you, when I started the process, I was afraid I would end up with a nonworking installation, but with your guides and tools, I was able to "get" it done. Thank you so much for all your hard work and time that you have invested so that the rest of us could enjoy running OSX.

Nice to hear you were successful.

The 4530s is showing age, but is one of the few that runs 10.6.8 through 10.13.x with what is essentially a single guide for all versions.

anyone have any success with the Dell inspirons? Specifically the i5-5577-5328

Specs:
CPU: Intel Core Kaby Lake i5-7300HQ 2.5 GHz
Ram: 8gb
Hdd: 1TB hd 5400
Gpu: gtx 1050 (dedicated) - I think from what I read this could be an issue
WiFi: 802.11ac Wireless LAN (Dual Band 2.4 & 5 GHz) not sure of the specifics on this

anyone have any success with the Dell inspirons? Specifically the i5-5577-5328

Specs:
CPU: Intel Core Kaby Lake i5-7300HQ 2.5 GHz
Ram: 8gb
Hdd: 1TB hd 5400
Gpu: gtx 1050 (dedicated) - I think from what I read this could be an issue
WiFi: 802.11ac Wireless LAN (Dual Band 2.4 & 5 GHz) not sure of the specifics on this

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Nice to hear you were successful.

The 4530s is showing age, but is one of the few that runs 10.6.8 through 10.13.x with what is essentially a single guide for all versions.

Kudos to RehabMan! I was hesitant to upgrade from 10.11.4 (last supported PBI-CE install) for a while but then took the plunge to HS. The Guide needs to be read carefully and one should develop some understanding of the steps. Also, I practiced on a cloned HDD a couple of times first. Afterwards I had some graphics glitches with applications that display multiple live IP camera videos feeds. These worked perfectly on 10.11.4. In fact I have never had any graphics glitches before. After following a suggestion by RehabMan to another forum member I installed the Feb 4 version of Clover UFI from RehabMan's fork and that deem to have solved that. I still see occasional glitches but they are very rare.

I had a similar experience, holding on to a perfectly working 10.11.4 but then finally took the plunge and now I am on High Sierra. I had a couple of false starts (on practice HDD) but after studying the guide a bit more carefully and trying to understand what happens at each step the Guide worked perfectly on my SSD. Thank you @RehabMan.

Hello @RehabMan,

I am planning to buy a hackintosh Notebook with pascal graphics card. I found that some g-sync nvidia 1060 cards might work, but I am insecure about which one to buy. Could you recommend me a good one or point me where could I find this kind of information?

I already read all links that you what keep repeating and many others.

I liked this one: https://avell.com.br/titanium-g1545-iron-v4 (it is sager rebranded as avell)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 GPU (6GB ddr5) -> some people here reported pascal support on notebooks, I guess this should be fine, right?
  • Intel® Core™ i7 Kaby Lake - 7700HQ 2.8 GHz, 6MB Cache (3.80 GHz Max Turbo)
  • 64 GB DDR4 (2400 MHZ)
  • 1º SSD 960 GB SATA III
  • 2º SSD 525 GB SATA III
  • 1º M.2:none
  • 2º M.2:none
  • 15.6" IPS FullHD (1920 x 1080p) 16:9 LED-Backlit G-SYNC (Matte)
  • Killer 1535 Wireless-AC Wi-Fi + Bluetooth Combo
Do you think this one could run OSX? It is similar to this one:

Hi,
I wonder if my notebook configuration is compatible?
TKS

NOTEBOOK AVELL TITANIUM W1511 MXTI
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050TI GPU (4GB GDDR5)

• Intel® Core™ Kaby Lake i7-7700HQ (6Mb cache 3.8 GHZ)

• 16 GB Ram DDR4 (2400 MHZ)
  • HARD DISK (HDD), SSD OU SSHD
    SSHD 1 TB com 8GB SSD
  • M.2 SSD
    SSD M.2 - 480GB - [ 500 MB/s ]
  • (LCD)
    15.6" IPS FULLHD 16:9 (1920x1080p) LED-Backlit Matte
  • WIRELESS
    Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 + Bluetooth

Last edited:
Hello @RehabMan,

I am planning to buy a hackintosh Notebook with pascal graphics card. I found that some g-sync nvidia 1060 cards might work, but I am insecure about which one to buy. Could you recommend me a good one or point me where could I find this kind of information?

I already read all links that you what keep repeating and many others.

I liked this one: https://avell.com.br/titanium-g1545-iron-v4
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 GPU (6GB ddr5) -> some people here reported pascal support on notebooks, I guess this should be fine, right?
  • Intel® Core™ i7 Kaby Lake - 7700HQ 2.8 GHz, 6MB Cache (3.80 GHz Max Turbo)
  • 64 GB DDR4 (2400 MHZ)
  • 1º SSD 960 GB SATA III
  • 2º SSD 525 GB SATA III
  • 1º M.2:none
  • 2º M.2:none
  • 15.6" IPS FullHD (1920 x 1080p) 16:9 LED-Backlit G-SYNC (Matte)
  • Killer 1535 Wireless-AC Wi-Fi + Bluetooth Combo
Do you think this one could run OSX? It is similar to this one:

GSync and Nvidia only is likely to give you trouble.

Hi
I have acer aspire v15 nitro black edition and this is the spec for my laptop:

Acer Aspire VN7-591G-727P (Aspire VN7-591G Series)
Processor: Intel Core i7-4720HQ (Intel Core i7) 2.6 GHz
Graphics adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M - 4096 MB, Core: 1097-1176 MHz, Memory: 1253 MHz, GDDR5, ForceWare 345.05 (9.18.13.4505), Optimus
Memory: 16386 MB , DDR3-1600, dual channel, two RAM slots (both used)
Display: 15.6 inch 16:9, 3840 x 2160 pixel 282 PPI, Sharp LQ156D1JW04, IPS, glossy: no
Mainboard: Intel HM86 (Lynx Point)
Storage: Toshiba HG6 THNSNJ256G8NU, 256 GB, + Seagate ST2000LM003 (2 TB, 5400 rpm), 2000 GB free
Soundcard: Realtek ALC283 @ Intel Lynx Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller
Connections: 3 USB 3.0 / 3.1 Gen1, 1 HDMI, 1 Kensington Lock, Audio Connections: audio combo, Card Reader: SD, Sensors: brightness sensor
Networking: Realtek RTL8168/8111 Gigabit-LAN (10/100/1000MBit), Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 (a/g/n/ac), Bluetooth 4.0

would this be good for a hackintosh
I'm planing to upgrade the SSD to 500 GB so I can use 250 for windows 10 and 250 for high Sierra 10.13.3
thanks in advance

Last edited:
Back