Contribute
Register

Laptop Compatibility - Sager Np8278-s

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't think i have damaged my config.plist but i'll post it anyways because you know better maybe something changed that i didn't notice and i'll attach my ioreg as well

Nothing wrong. And ioreg shows MacBookPro11,2, so I don't know why you think it has changed to iMac.

Note: You should generate a custom SMBIOS (use Clover Configurator) because you're still using the default Clover provided one and that may be an issue...

Note: check why i only can use my headphones for outputting sound and i can't use my speakers

Problem in AppleHDA... or the selections you've made in SysPrefs->Sound (for output device).

and i think that ethernet is working because its added in network in SysPref but the apple store still doesn't work for some reason

Your Ethernet must be at en0. It is at en2.

Go into SysPrefs->Network and remove all interfaces, Apply, then remove /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist. Reboot, then add all your network interfaces back, starting with Ethernet.

Nothing wrong. And ioreg shows MacBookPro11,2, so I don't know why you think it has changed to iMac.
it just changed to mac in about here is a picture:
Screen Shot 2014-11-25 at 8.41.06 PM.png
Note: You should generate a custom SMBIOS (use Clover Configurator) because you're still using the default Clover provided one and that may be an issue...
where can i find the correct SMBIOS kext for my hardware (the one that works the best with my hardware)
Problem in AppleHDA... or the selections you've made in SysPrefs->Sound (for output device).
i just installed the correct AppleHDA kext using kext wizard and i already checked if it was a problem with output device selection so what do you think ? any other ideas ?
Your Ethernet must be at en0. It is at en2.
Go into SysPrefs->Network and remove all interfaces, Apply, then remove /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist. Reboot, then add all your network interfaces back, starting with Ethernet.
thanks this one worked now the app store works fine :)

do you think one day someone may make a kext for the my Nvidia graphics card ? because the intel on isn't that good

do you think one day someone may make a kext for the my Nvidia graphics card ? because the intel on isn't that good

For "switched" dual-GPU configurations? Extremely unlikely.

For "switched" dual-GPU configurations? Extremely unlikely.
:/ that's really weird like since i was able to disable the Nvidia grarphics card that means that i can disable the intel one and only use the Nvidia if there was a kext or a DSDT patch for it or something

btw can you give me a name of a good usb wireless adapter (preferably ac) because i was trying to look into the thread that you gave me before about the mini PCIE chip for wifi but i couldn't find anything that uses usb

:/ that's really weird like since i was able to disable the Nvidia grarphics card that means that i can disable the intel one and only use the Nvidia if there was a kext or a DSDT patch for it or something

btw can you give me a name of a good usb wireless adapter (preferably ac) because i was trying to look into the thread that you gave me before about the mini PCIE chip for wifi but i couldn't find anything that uses usb

Perhaps your system is not switched (Optimus)...

Look for UsB wifi that has os x drivers.

Perhaps your system is not switched (Optimus)...

Look for UsB wifi that has os x drivers.
can you give me some exmaples please ? like something that supports monitoring mode
Note: i'm using 10.10.1 and the sound went off and i just reinstalled the sound kext and it worked again but the same problem only using headphones and i use my iphone for usb tethering but it keeps disconnecting that's why i want to buy a usb and another reason is that i only have 5gb of hotspot peer month

can you give me some exmaples please ? like something that supports monitoring mode
Note: i'm using 10.10.1 and the sound went off and i just reinstalled the sound kext and it worked again but the same problem only using headphones and i use my iphone for usb tethering but it keeps disconnecting that's why i want to buy a usb and another reason is that i only have 5gb of hotspot peer month

Examples of what? WiFi USB? There are some Edimax USBs that have OS X drivers.

Note: The experience is not as good as a supported built-in PCIe WiFi card.

Examples of what? WiFi USB? There are some Edimax USBs that have OS X drivers.

Note: The experience is not as good as a supported built-in PCIe WiFi card.
but i don't think that built in cards will have monitoring mode as far as i know and i think its not that big of a difference btw do you think this one is good and it'll work with 10.10.1 ? http://www.amazon.com/Edimax-EW-7822UAC-Dual-Band-Adjustable-Performance/dp/B00BVRQEKG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417239287&sr=8-1&keywords=EW-7822UAC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back