Contribute
Register

Laptop Compatibility - Sager Np8278-s

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can replace the wifi hardware or use USB wifi. See sticky post in the network forum.
i don't really want to replace my intel ac that's inside my laptop however i want to purchase a good usb adapter that supports mon0 mode (monitering mode) so which one do you recommend me to buy ? and does any Broadcom usb work ?

i don't really want to replace my intel ac that's inside my laptop however i want to purchase a good usb adapter that supports mon0 mode (monitering mode) so which one do you recommend me to buy ? and does any Broadcom usb work ?

Search for USB WiFi adapters that have OS X drivers. Warning: the interface is generally not good, and USB wifi usually negatively affects stability.

Search for USB WiFi adapters that have OS X drivers. Warning: the interface is generally not good, and USB wifi usually negatively affects stability.

so its better to change my intel ac ? if that's the case which adapter do you recommend me to buy for best compatibility ?

Compatible chipsets and the procedures for making them work are covered here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html
I have followed your tutorial on clover EFi and I'm not really sure what boot args to use and what config so i used the standard one and i got an Error image.jpg

Sorry because its messy cuz I'm using my phone

I have followed your tutorial on clover EFi and I'm not really sure what boot args to use and what config so i used the standard one and i got an ErrorView attachment 114582

Sorry because its messy cuz I'm using my phone

What do you mean "standard one"?

It is critical you use a config.plist that is appropriate for your hardware.

What do you mean "standard one"?

It is critical you use a config.plist that is appropriate for your hardware.

I didn't change it because the one in the attachment is for the desktop version of my graphics card
can you suggest me one to use ?

here is a picture of clover that I'm using

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    468.8 KB · Views: 113
I didn't change it because the one in the attachment is for the desktop version of my graphics card
can you suggest me one to use ?

here is a picture of clover that I'm using

Note: 
The discrete graphics capability in a switched dual-GPU configuration is not supported with OS X on hacks. Best you can do is disable the discrete part with SSDT/DSDT patches.

Because of that, you'll only be able to use HD4600. I think it is relatively obvious which config.plist you should use...

Note: 
The discrete graphics capability in a switched dual-GPU configuration is not supported with OS X on hacks. Best you can do is disable the discrete part with SSDT/DSDT patches.

Because of that, you'll only be able to use HD4600. I think it is relatively obvious which config.plist you should use...
Alright thanks i will try it now and I'll tell you what happens ,sorry i thought it was only for desktop HD 4600 and how do i install a DSDT/SSDT patch ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back