Contribute
Register

Laptop Compatibility Lenovo ideapad 320s 13IKBR

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per code in SSDT-20, _OFF is at path _SB.PCI0.RP01.PXSX.

Thanks for that - that worked.

The installer did not like APFS so I have used the command line method to install HPFS+J installer. This rebooted twice and now can login and begin Phase 2.

Here's a status update. @RehabMan - need some direction since I am stuck on what to do next. Thanks in advance.

Work-arounds made:
  • Disabled the MX150
  • Swapped the Wifi to DW1650
  • (Seems to be able to boot without -disablefxfirmware)
Things that work (Note everything seems to be under \_SB.PCI0. ):
  • NVMe (Patched .RP09.PXSX as per class spoof)
  • USB Ports including USB C and hot plug.
  • Wireless 2.4Ghz - due to DW1650 swap.
  • Bluetooth (although it seems unstable - especially across boot)
Things that need fixing:
  1. Trackpad - ELAN0630 ( .I2C0.TPD0 ) : Added Kexts but no luck
  2. Wireless 5Ghz
  3. IGPU streaking, especially bad with Chrome browser. Had to disable hardware acceleration : installed IntelFixup.kext but no luck.
  4. IGPU - DVMT Prealloc: No BIOS setting, Tried various FakeID and ig-platform-id under UHD 620 but no luck
  5. Audio - 8086:9D71 ( .HDAS.PCIC1F03) : Added kext but no luck
  6. Keyboard function keys don't work :
    Need to work out the mapping for all the ADB keys other than Mute and Vol+/-.
  7. Keyboard mapping between Command and Option needs swapping : Updated VoodooPS2Controller.kext Info.plist but no luck.
  8. Battery Status ( .LPCB.H_EC.BAT0) : Cannot decipher which bits to change
  9. External HDMI port does not work - Yet to look for a fix. At least it does not crash.
  10. Enable Discrete Graphics - Yet to try new nVidia Web Drivers
  11. Mac App Store needs Ethernet adapter - Yet to apply OS-X-Null-Ethernet
  12. Boot Clean up - there seems to be multiple deprecation and missing methods prolonging boot time

Attachments

• CLOVER 20180110-1.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 196
  • ioreg 20180110-1.zip
    577.3 KB · Views: 133
  • patchmatic 20180110-1.zip
    60.9 KB · Views: 151
  • Debug Commands 20180110-1.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

The installer did not like APFS so I have used the command line method to install HPFS+J installer. This rebooted twice and now can login and begin Phase 2.

Here's a status update. @RehabMan - need some direction since I am stuck on what to do next. Thanks in advance.

Work-arounds made:
  • Disabled the MX150
Things that need fixing:
  2. Wireless 5Ghz
  3. IGPU streaking, especially bad with Chrome browser. Had to disable hardware acceleration : installed IntelFixup.kext but no luck.
  4. IGPU - DVMT Prealloc: No BIOS setting, Tried various FakeID and ig-platform-id under UHD 620 but no luck
  7. Keyboard mapping between Command and Option needs swapping : Updated VoodooPS2Controller.kext Info.plist but no luck.
  9. External HDMI port does not work - Yet to look for a fix. At least it does not crash.
  12. Boot Clean up - there seems to be multiple deprecation and missing methods prolonging boot time

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

@bughunt i got the same device but the i7-8550 variant. but i've been stuck on gScreenLockState 3. it reboots everytime after that

@bughunt i got the same device but the i7-8550 variant. but i've been stuck on gScreenLockState 3. it reboots everytime after that

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Work-arounds made:
  • Disabled the MX150
Things that need fixing:
  2. Wireless 5Ghz
Im going to get a Lenovo IdeaPad 320 8th gen i5 with nvidia 940mx 8gb ram and 1TB HDD (which I will be replacing with an SSD for macOS and buying a nvme for windows). 1080p display.
I will go get it after i finish work.

Did your laptop accept DW1560 without bios modification ?,if this model doesn’t have whitelist,that would be phenomenal.

I will be joining this and continue fixing what’s left.

- battery status
- audio
- hdmi
- Keyboard Map + Function Keys
- LAN/Ethernet
- Wireless 5Ghz
- iGPU + DVMT
- Correct Power Management

All of these are things that i believe i can solve.

About Elan trackpad, this one will require more work.
Will take a look into this when i get it.

Im going to get a Lenovo IdeaPad 320 8th gen i5 with nvidia 940mx 8gb ram and 1TB HDD (which I will be replacing with an SSD for macOS and buying a nvme for windows). 1080p display.
I will go get it after i finish work.

Did your laptop accept DW1560 without bios modification ?,if this model doesn’t have whitelist,that would be phenomenal.

I will be joining this and continue fixing what’s left.

- battery status
- audio
- hdmi
- Keyboard Map + Function Keys
- LAN/Ethernet
- Wireless 5Ghz
- iGPU + DVMT
- Correct Power Management

All of these are things that i believe i can solve.

About Elan trackpad, this one will require more work.
Will take a look into this when i get it.

• The stock Wifi needs to be replaced with BCM94352Z. Got that from Amazon - no issues at all.
  • LAN/Ethernet is via USB and works, albeit I didn't test the speed of it but it is not slow.

• The stock Wifi needs to be replaced with BCM94352Z. Got that from Amazon - no issues at all.
  • LAN/Ethernet is via USB and works, albeit I didn't test the speed of it but it is not slow.
I did go for a different model:
Lenovo v330-15IKB

I did go for a different model:
Lenovo v330-15IKB
Nice. Would be interested to know if you can get the power and keyboard mapping working.

Nice. Would be interested to know if you can get the power and keyboard mapping working.
Already fixed everything that is fixable.

Except:
- FingerPrint Reader (no support)
- AMD Radeon (no support for switchable graphics on macOS).

Everything else is working.

For more information:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/lenovo-v330-15ikb.250671/

I will make a guide for this laptop then you might have a easier time finding and learning what i have done, but for now im using it with Windows 10 April Update as it's my daily driver until i get the NVME SSD where i will be installing Windows 10 on it and use the 2.5" SSD drive for macOS (dual boot).

I recently bought this laptop myself. Would appreciate if there's a guide on getting Hackintosh installed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back